Funky Jams for All! Post here!

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Haha! I can attest to this!
My first “band”s first REAL performance was at the catholic grade school’s (which my drummer attended) talent show.. we were given a time slot of three songs. In between the 2nd and 3rd.. the bass player beamed me in the face with his headstock.. t’was a horrible noise, and the freshly cut end of the Low-B on his five string bass guitar moved through my eyebrow like it wasn’t there....

We played the last song anyways... It was quite a spectacle.... they made me BUY the (now) blood drenched Mic/cords/and stand... a “Sure SM-58”... my first microphone...

🤓

I nailed my singer in the head while playing a festival in Germany. He bled a little, and I had some of his hair caught in my tuning pegs... show went well otherwise. Haha. Being a bassist, you forget how long your neck is sometimes.

Probably one of the best written songs in the Gothic Doom Style... I've loved this album since I first heard 15 or 16 years ago.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I nailed my singer in the head while playing a festival in Germany. He bled a little, and I had some of his hair caught in my tuning pegs... show went well otherwise. Haha. Being a bassist, you forget how long your neck is sometimes.

Probably one of the best written songs in the Gothic Doom Style... I've loved this album since I first heard 15 or 16 years ago.

That track echoed through me like an empty hall... seeking a broken window pane.

Very nice!

Thank you for that.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This Thanksgiving season I'm thankful for 25 years of marriage to my wonderful wife
My moms still living and not in a nursing home and we haven't had CV19 we know of
...but I'm also thankful for Earth and nature. Be the Rain...
Where's Mike at lately @just.wing.it

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
This Thanksgiving season I'm thankful for 25 years of marriage to my wonderful wife
My moms still living and not in a nursing home and we haven't had CV19 we know of
...but I'm also thankful for Earth and nature. Be the Rain...
Where's Mike at lately @just.wing.it

Indeed!
I just been so busy with work lately....thats all.
I'm definitely thankful for my wife and kid as well, and thankful that I still live in a state of freedom.....for now.
But I still feel like I Need A Miracle Everyday!

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Indeed!
I just been so busy with work lately....thats all.
I'm definitely thankful for my wife and kid as well, and thankful that I still live in a state of freedom.....for now.
But I still feel like I Need A Miracle Everyday!
Yeh know what ya mean.
I went to Neil’s concert Greendale in this tour years ago, and I don’t remember this song.
In fact I don’t think I remember any of the songs he played 🙃
I just remember a hippy sitting in the grass cross legged on a blanket
and every so often he’d cup his hands to his mouth and yell Deee Troit drawn out,
and of course the props on the stage I remember those lol.
I wander if that was his son on stage in the wheel chair?

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
heard this and subconsciously at first two notes though..uh huh..
not that the wings can’t fly or original is so tired, but them faces beat the breaks off this... so tight together and just breathing it. not sure how Ronnie’s guitar, that actually looks kinda like an axe, doesn’t just rust on stage given the surroundings of all this

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Sometimes all you need is a guitar and just talent to raise the hairs on your arms
and carry your mind back in time.
Not the vs I saw on The Voice and went looking for but I see why he did it.
This Johnson guy don't move around like Neil Young at Farm Aid, he just moves you.

Top Bottom