Funky Jams for All! Post here!

Apex37

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Man, I really dig this thread! So many great bands being brought up.

Here's a German funk band that was 20 years late to the scene, but man they made some great tunes.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Man, I really dig this thread! So many great bands being brought up.

Here's a German funk band that was 20 years late to the scene, but man they made some great tunes.

addams-family-thing-gif-5.gif

pun intended, just couldn't find a messy Thing.
Whadduyathink @just.wing.it ? Fits the room title. Kinda funky...

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
@HorseloverFat Robert Plants recording here is very dynamic and clean.
Unlike many dry dynamic digital recordings, like say...
...Roberts is more fluid. Can't explain it's a nuance some audiophiles refer to.
I know the Lyle Lovett album here is full digital, not sure about about Plants album.
My Carver idles @500 W/ch and pk @ 1000 @4 ohm, so when the percussion on Ship of Fools
lures you into a dreamy state, the crescendo can clip. My 4 ohm electrostatics are from 1988-89, and
I don't know how the diaphragm would hold up to that crazy abuse now aged, even though they came with
a lifetime warranty, Acoustat is now extinct but very accurate. Mine are now crossed over from 100Hz down to a
US made Rythmic subwoofer. Makes all the difference in the world with sound pressure capabilities
from the one flaw of electrostatics, sound pressure with bass.

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
@HorseloverFat Robert Plants recording here is very dynamic and clean.
Unlike many dry dynamic digital recordings, like say...
...Roberts is more fluid. Can't explain it's a nuance some audiophiles refer to.
I know the Lyle Lovett album here is full digital, not sure about about Plants album.
My Carver idles @500 W/ch and pk @ 1000 @4 ohm, so when the percussion on Ship of Fools
lures you into a dreamy state, the crescendo can clip. My 4 ohm electrostatics are from 1988-89, and
I don't know how the diaphragm would hold up to that crazy abuse now aged, even though they came with
a lifetime warranty, Acoustat is now extinct but very accurate.
That Plant track did that to me.. through these crappy phone speakers! 🤣

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Speaking of clarity in dynamic recordings (I love microphone/studio/PA tech.. but know LITTLE of stereo tech.. I think we’d build a SWEET “den” together! 🤣) This is one of my favorite live recordings... with a dynamic-miced PA alone(as the audio track).. I believe.

Top Bottom