Funky Jams for All! Post here!

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Reminds me of that damn fish .. did you ever watch the sopranos ? Tony soprano hated it lol!! Good jam tho talking heads are up there with one of my favorites.. David burne was amazon , Bernie whorl too!!
Sorry I haven't seen the sopranos....
I'm not much for TV shows and movies...
Music and bonsai is it for me...

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yep, yep, my buddies and I play that one!
Stones original, I think.
Phish does it better ;)
Inconceivable!!! It is universally impossible for one band to play another bands original song better!!!! The phrase 'standing on the shoulder's of giant's' applies here!!! great thread btw. i love it when these pop up.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Inconceivable!!! It is universally impossible for one band to play another bands original song better!!!! The phrase 'standing on the shoulder's of giant's' applies here!!! great thread btw. i love it when these pop up.
I don't disagree with your point. But I still like Phish more.

Reactions: Rid

Ironbeaver

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I prefer this version:

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Don't think less of me.......but definitely not a fan. Talented, no doubt, super talented. But not on the same planet as sticky Uncle Keith!!!!;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Never in my playlists, can't explain it.:oops:
No no no, to each his own man...
I listen to nothing but classical in my car.

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I don't disagree with your point. But I still like Phish more.
Like it more all you want! I personally never could get over micks southern accent in that song. I’m just saying that if one person or band creates a song, no one can play it better the the person who conceived it. I mean, Scott Joplin could have covered my little buttercup, and I’d still say Chevy chases rendition was better

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Like it more all you want! I personally never could get over micks southern accent in that song. I’m just saying that if one person or band creates a song, no one can play it better the the person who conceived it. I mean, Scott Joplin could have covered my little buttercup, and I’d still say Chevy chases rendition was better
Phish's first album came out a year after I was born.
They were always in the background of my childhood, but honestly I didn't like them for a while...
After I began playing the drums and actually making music, I began to listen to music differently.
I then reintroduced myself to Phish and began to admire their creativity, not only in the musical arrangements, but in the wild stories and characters they created.
Before then, I thought they were goofy as hell.
I also love how they don't take themselves very seriously, it's all for fun.
That's why they play live so much.
They aren't studio guys, they're in it for the thrill of live jams, and I love that.
That's the thing that makes them similar to the Grateful Dead, the live aspect.

Top Bottom