Funky Jams for All! Post here!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
GONG.gif

12 MINUTES 'TILL FREE FORM DRUMMING....ok, style is recognized......

10 minutes of caterwauling saxophone? No thanks......where's Jamie Farr and Jaye P. Morgan when ya' need 'em?!?!:D
:D:D:D:D

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I learned to play the guitar from a freestyle jazz musician. I was raised in a jazz and blues household.
From the video:
De free beweging, thans bevat in weze geen andere innovaties dan de negatie van de meeste vroegere muziekesthetische norm.
Freely translated: The Free Movement in a sense doesn't contain innovations other than the negation of the most early(/primitive) musically aesthetic norm.
For me, it's just too much. Too primitive. I need structure and modern aesthetics.. The guy in the video is sounding like my own brain when it's just running stationary. I believe music should be an escape from that.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Watched it all.... LSD is a great drug huh?

A lot to take in there once you get into it. Not sure how to process it really but if that was back in 73 then so much of it sounds familiar with what new sounds we can create digitally these days and they did it with drums, sax's and voice. There is also a kind of tribal, trance like feel to it.
And I'm a fan of the broken drum beats too, a quick search says that that probably started with him.

Now I have watched it'll probably come up in the youtube suggestions so I'd probably watch more over time.
I could not agree more!

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I learned to play the guitar from a freestyle jazz musician. I was raised in a jazz and blues household.
From the video:

Freely translated: The Free Movement in a sense doesn't contain innovations other than the negation of the most early(/primitive) musically aesthetic norm.
For me, it's just too much. Too primitive. I need structure and modern aesthetics.. The guy in the video is sounding like my own brain when it's just running stationary. I believe music should be an escape from that.
Awesome, that's interesting!
Hahaha!
I also agree with you and @LanceMac10 too....
I can see it and appreciate it...especially as a self taught drummer myself.
But its also a little much...I'd need to be in a particular mood for it...like other music too, I suppose.

I love the freedom.
Drumming is the most free of all musical forms, imho.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ha, he's playin' the lamp!!!!!

of course he's the guy with the empty beer mug beside him!;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Ya know.... The more I watch and listen to, of him....the more I love it....
Its almost like a tree that repulses you at first glance....but the more you look at it, the more you admire it.

Top Bottom