Funky Jams for All! Post here!

eb84327

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
This is what space smells like!! You will always remember....

eb84327

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
i couched toured with my wife on new years eve. Seeing phish @ MSG on new years is on the top of my bucket list. I wish they toured more on the west coast, make that 100th show milestone easier to achieve.

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
More funky jams from the metal realm. New Jersey thrashers that toured with Metallica in late 80's. This album is top 5 for NJ thrash for me... way better than most of the Overkill material, any of Whiplash's albums after Power and Pain, Blessed Death, Blood Feast... etc. When I had my radio show I interviewed Chris Bombeke and the band. Got my copy scratched up. Played several shows over the years with them too while in various bands.

20190114_221459.jpg

eb84327

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Any body collect concert posters?? Ill stand in line for hours at Phish for 1. There are a handleful of really talented people doing screen printing and foil posters and I love the medium. I have terrible lighting. The moe poster is from a new years run that was created by zeb love, possibly the best.
Ump poster is another killer artist Kyle Baker whom also is right up. I have a couple posters from Boyer art that not official but really like his work too.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190115_053410.jpg
    MVIMG_20190115_053410.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 0
  • MVIMG_20190115_053410.jpg
    MVIMG_20190115_053410.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190115_053452.jpg
    IMG_20190115_053452.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 1
  • MVIMG_20190115_053349.jpg
    MVIMG_20190115_053349.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20190115_053654.jpg
    IMG_20190115_053654.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 1

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Any body collect concert posters?? Ill stand in line for hours at Phish for 1. There are a handleful of really talented people doing screen printing and foil posters and I love the medium. I have terrible lighting. The moe poster is from a new years run that was created by zeb love, possibly the best.
Ump poster is another killer artist Kyle Baker whom also is right up. I have a couple posters from Boyer art that not official but really like his work too.
Dude, those are killer....
I don't collect them myself.
A while ago I did a job for a guy who ran a small engine repair business out of his garage in West Virginia.
Needless to say, it was off the beaten path...
He had an awesome concert poster in a beautiful frame, in his old dusty garage.
It was Gov't Mule....which I love.....and we began talking about Warren Haynes for an hour.
Good times....
I love Warren Haynes.....shout out to Warren Haynes!

eb84327

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
They played at the Bing Crosby theater in Spokane WA a few years back and we missed it. Still upset. We did get tickets to wide spreads sold out show at the same theater. small but awesome venue. i havnt decided if i like out door amps the best or indoor theaters for shows. The gorge at George, WA is awesome. I love the camping and the lot shenanigans that go on. Shakedown street at the last phish show was insane. must have been 20k people hanging out. Great food, cheap drinks, cool art and different bands playing all over the site.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
They played at the Bing Crosby theater in Spokane WA a few years back and we missed it. Still upset. We did get tickets to wide spreads sold out show at the same theater. small but awesome venue. i havnt decided if i like out door amps the best or indoor theaters for shows. The gorge at George, WA is awesome. I love the camping and the lot shenanigans that go on. Shakedown street at the last phish show was insane. must have been 20k people hanging out. Great food, cheap drinks, cool art and different bands playing all over the site.
Ah man...Nice!
I saw Old Crow Medicine Show at Red Rocks a few years back.....great sound there.

eb84327

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Red is beautiful. I agree. Great sound too. It's a must see on any live music's lovers list. We caught Phish in Denver on labor day few years back, 3 nights, and got super lucky and got ahold of tickets for j-rad @ red rocks! Oteil Burbridge, from dead and cook was guest bass player!! They over sold the shit out of that place though. I guess they had a show scheduled in March and it snowed and was cancelled. It was a surprise reschedule, but they honored tickets from the canceled show. That whole area is awesome. I would move to Denver or Boulder in a heartbeat if given the opportunity.

eb84327

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I didn't get to go to that many shows this last summer. Strict budget for this house we found.

Top Bottom