Funky Jams for All! Post here!

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Tapes are fine with me... Doro in her prime is about as great a thing as there is:

20190217_222657.jpg

Grego83

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
The steady chugging beat of this version is good for repetition, it keeps me focused when wiring.

When I need design inspiration, I reach for the psychedelic stuff.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
start choppin -perhaps pulled too many out of the mulch this evening and cut some too long or short in the tooth...alright or influenced nonetheless..gotta make decisions, Parsons here, mules
1552197257401.jpeg

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

Hypnosis of Birds is probably one of the weirdest albums to ever grace the ears of mankind. All kinds of disparate influences seemingly assemble to craft a truly odd listening experience. Of note is the influence this album likely had on Metallica in 1992 when it was released. Metallica were always big Holocaust fans dating back to their early 80's material (they were big NWOBHM fans in general). Hypnosis of Birds definitely found their ears, as a cover of The Small Hours ended up on the Garage Inc. compilation they release several years later. I find that this album probably was the key motivation for their change in sound following the Black Album. Load especially has a lot of nuanced tendencies in its rhythm section that refocus attention on what Holocaust did on Hypnosis. Top tracks for me here are:

Hypnosis of Birds
Cairnapple Hill
Mercier and Camier
Mortal Mother
Into Lebanon

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Wow! Holy shit, WTF is this?
Rammstein are back and posted this yesterday, over 8 million hits in under 24 hours.

Gotta say it's damn good, pretty disturbing too. Definitely not safe for work and not for the squeamish, youtube even made me log in to verify age.
Fans will love it though, long but worth watching the lot.

Top Bottom