Funny little Serissa

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
This is a sport that grew off of a larger serissa that I own, I think it was the Kyoto variety but it could have been pink swan; I really need to keep better notes. My dad managed to root some cuttings and they seem to grow well. I like how the foliage spirals around the branches. The internodes are very tight, and the sub branches short. I haven't decided how to style it yet, just watching it grow.

DSC01755-1.jpg

DSC01755-2.jpg

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
This is a sport that grew off of a larger serissa that I own, I think it was the Kyoto variety but it could have been pink swan; I really need to keep better notes. My dad managed to root some cuttings and they seem to grow well. I like how the foliage spirals around the branches. The internodes are very tight, and the sub branches short. I haven't decided how to style it yet, just watching it grow.

View attachment 113915

View attachment 113916
Copyright that shit and give it a name!
Very cool!

Aaron

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Yes, sorce, I am currently grafting it to orange trifoliate. Trying to create a serissa that makes an edible fruit. One can never have too much marmalade.

That is off the hook! A Flying Dragon grafted to Serissa, makes me grin for certain :)

Grimmy

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
You are welcome! :)

Believe it or not but I killed mine :(
I think it was too much direct sun and not a fast enough answer from my part to its calls for help :confused:

Sorry to hear about the loss of the tree, at least you know now what not to do. I have a whole pile of those lessons. :)

John

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I don't believe it's Kyoto. The flowers seem to start off differently and the leaf groupings are not the same either. http://www.bonsainut.com/threads/flowers-2016.22968/page-4#post-362895

Maybe not, but the reason the flowers and foliage don't match is that it is a sport, or variation. Started out as a limb with strange growth. The leaves and branches spiral around the larger branches like a barber pole. I see if I can take better pictures tomorrow, if I get up in time (working midnights).

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Maybe not, but the reason the flowers and foliage don't match is that it is a sport, or variation. Started out as a limb with strange growth. The leaves and branches spiral around the larger branches like a barber pole. I see if I can take better pictures tomorrow, if I get up in time (working midnights).
I see what you mean. Would that also be the reason for the variation in flower buds?

Top Bottom