FURUYA STONE #2

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
BRAVO!! I have said it before on your trees and now again with this stone selection!!
Like many that get hooked on Bonsai, I have also increased my appreciation and want of "spirit stones"/Gongshi/Suiseki.
If I am not working with my trees, then I am playing with stones, Ha.

@sorce takes the cake for praising you on this thread, but I am right behind! Ha. He also mentioned this being the beginning of your collection, is this fairly new for you? Time is subjective I know, but what I mean is, Im sure you have always enjoyed it, but fairly recently began the collecting?

And What I am dieing to know, and forgive my ignorance, did you infact get one submitted and accepted? and if so, may I/we see??

Great stuff as always!!

Thank you @BE.REAL! Suiseki is fairly new to me yes. I have plans to build a display area in my house eventually. I do think they are fascinating I am very partial to stones that represent large mountain ranges. Some Italian stones are just as good as the ones from Japan. Specially the ones from Liguria. I was going to submit one to the Nationals but forgot all about it and missed the deadline. Hopefully the next one :)

BE.REAL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thank you @BE.REAL! Suiseki is fairly new to me yes. I have plans to build a display area in my house eventually. I do think they are fascinating I am very partial to stones that represent large mountain ranges. Some Italian stones are just as good as the ones from Japan. Specially the ones from Liguria. I was going to submit one to the Nationals but forgot all about it and missed the deadline. Hopefully the next one :)

BE.REAL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@MACH5
I am in the same boat, but I am still learning and working with bonsai development too, you have more experience with that, clearly, ha.
But I too, like the mountain scenes, and the Italian ones, I agree, are top notch. The palombino, if you get a moment, I follow an Italian gentleman on you tube, Carlo Maria Galli, he has videos of him collecting in nature, and then bring home to his "laboratory" and cleans and makes daiza's and also shows. Great stuff and education. Not all of the video;s have subtitles which can be translated, but watching is educational as well. He has some great mountain landscapes as well as waterfalls. Like Bonsai, the transformation and progression, is amazing, but Bonsai it takes years, He can do a stone in a few days, haha. Check it out sometime.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
@MACH5
I am in the same boat, but I am still learning and working with bonsai development too, you have more experience with that, clearly, ha.
But I too, like the mountain scenes, and the Italian ones, I agree, are top notch. The palombino, if you get a moment, I follow an Italian gentleman on you tube, Carlo Maria Galli, he has videos of him collecting in nature, and then bring home to his "laboratory" and cleans and makes daiza's and also shows. Great stuff and education. Not all of the video;s have subtitles which can be translated, but watching is educational as well. He has some great mountain landscapes as well as waterfalls. Like Bonsai, the transformation and progression, is amazing, but Bonsai it takes years, He can do a stone in a few days, haha. Check it out sometime.

Thank you, yes I follow him too. I am very familiar with Carlo and have bought stones from him before. He collects them mostly near him in the area of Maremma. As you said I love to see the process of turning a stone into a piece of suiseki.

BE.REAL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thank you, yes I follow him too. I am very familiar with Carlo and have bought stones from him before. He collects them mostly near him in the area of Maremma. As you said I love to see the process of turning a stone into a piece of suiseki.

I though about it afterwards, and assumed you would know of him. I have only recently communicated with him and hope to inquire about getting a stone...or few ;).

I look forward to seeing any of your posts. Be well!

Top Bottom