Fused ficus ROR

Atom#28

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
How long ago did you start this, and how large were the cuttings? I just started a few ROR ficus benjamina fusion projects, but my starting material is pretty small!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Any styling suggestions welcome

I'd be tempted to cut the heavy bits out of the top.

More importantly, I'd like to see the dirt removed from above pot lip to expose those roots and rock, that wider base.
Is that possible yet?
Does a wider base exist?

Sorce

Beanwagon

Chumono
Reaction score
I may even reduce the top like this today.Screenshot_20191212-095921_Snapchat.jpg
How long ago did you start this, and how large were the cuttings? I just started a few ROR ficus benjamina fusion projects, but my starting material is pretty small!

They were thinner than a pencil. Maybe two years maximum

Beanwagon

Chumono
Reaction score
I'd be tempted to cut the heavy bits out of the top.

More importantly, I'd like to see the dirt removed from above pot lip to expose those roots and rock, that wider base.
Is that possible yet?
Does a wider base exist?

Sorce
Thanks I usually put more soil around the roots than I need to when repotting because when I water my trees it removes the excess soil anyway. There isnt a wide base yet worth showing.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
may even reduce the top like this today.

I like that idea.

Something about keeping the eye down where the rock is, and that lower soil line, by utilizing a low canopy.

I dig the pot too. Kinda ignorant, like, "yeah it's got 2 dragons looking at each other...and some tall feet".....I like that slap in the face.

Sorce

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
It 's a very interesting project , you're going to get something great in a while and this nice pot make us travel :)

Top Bottom