Garden Republic-Seed Grow Kit

Jash

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Got bonsai seed kit for holidays reading all general steps to get started just curious if anyone with experience has any tips, tricks etc learned along the way. Have grow light setup for starting phases. Two mains questions trying to find are, is now a bad time? (live in New Jersey) Do need seasonal changes or is indoors okay for first year to get started? Excited but dont want to rush into and have a bunch of dead trees lol. Any insight greatly appreciated. Thanks!BC51F304-389B-47B7-8C39-A76053D09914.jpeg

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Well...

Just going to say that their "Brazillian Rosewood" is a Chinese wisteria, and their "Buddha Tree" is a Chinese elm. Regardless... the fun of these bonsai kits is... to have FUN! The first year you will only have little seedlings a few inches tall, so it is fine to get them to germinate and grow indoors, at least for the first year. However aside from the Chinese elm, I don't see any species that I would think would do well indoors going forward.

BonsaiNaga13

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
My experience with spruce and japanese black pine is they quickly dampen off and die when started indoors.

Harunobu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The non-GMO cracks me up. Good luck on sowing! Forget bonsai. Seedlings are too cute.

Jash

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well...

Just going to say that their "Brazillian Rosewood" is a Chinese wisteria, and their "Buddha Tree" is a Chinese elm. Regardless... the fun of these bonsai kits is... to have FUN! The first year you will only have little seedlings a few inches tall, so it is fine to get them to germinate and grow indoors, at least for the first year. However aside from the Chinese elm, I don't see any species that I would think would do well indoors going forward.
Awesome. Stay tuned. Wish me luck 😂 thanks!

Top Bottom