Gateway to Bonsai (The 2018 American Bonsai Society Convention) - Who's going?

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
The American Bonsai Society's 2018 convention "Gateway to Bonsai" is just two weeks away! Who's going? How are you getting there? What are you looking forward to? Where are the after parties? Who's up for Margaritas?

It's only a 10 to 11 hour drive, so I'll be leaving early on Thursday and should be there when the exhibit opens at 6pm. I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. I've never not had fun at a convention. The Doubletree is still offering the $105/night rate for your entire stay if you mention you're with the bonsai convention.

There's a Mexican restaurant right there and I'm sure the Margaritas will be good and cold.

If you're not going to the convention, watch for my posts here and on YouTube. I'll try to be shooting every day.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I'll be going Saturday. It's only a 30 minute drive for me. I actually worked right down the road from the convention center for years. Never had the margaritas at the Mexican restaurant, drinking at lunch seemed to be frowned on. Food is just so,so. I'm looking forward to going without my husband (he has to help our son move that day, oh damn) so no disapproving looks, if I want to buy something!!

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I'll be going Saturday. It's only a 30 minute drive for me. I actually worked right down the road from the convention center for years. Never had the margaritas at the Mexican restaurant, drinking at lunch seemed to be frowned on. Food is just so,so. I'm looking forward to going without my husband (he has to help our son move that day, oh damn) so no disapproving looks, if I want to buy something!!
Meet up with me and I'll encourage you to buy all the somethings.

Top Bottom