Gemini Man Will Smith bonsai

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I watched "The Gemini Man" with Will Smith a week or so ago. The movie begins by showing off lead-character, ex-hit man Will Smith's Florida rustic Florida house. On the rail of the porch out back are several pretty nice bonsai, including what looks like a bald cypress and black pine.

Anyone know where those trees were sourced for the movie? Just curious, Hollywood generally uses extremely crappy bonsai in movies because usually the movie director or set designer have no idea what bonsai look like. These look to have been chosen by someone who did...

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I watched "The Gemini Man" with Will Smith a week or so ago. The movie begins by showing off lead-character, ex-hit man Will Smith's Florida rustic Florida house. On the rail of the porch out back are several pretty nice bonsai, including what looks like a bald cypress and black pine.

Anyone know where those trees were sourced for the movie? Just curious, Hollywood generally uses extremely crappy bonsai in movies because usually the movie director or set designer have no idea what bonsai look like. These look to have been chosen by someone who did...

i watched the movie a few weeks ago and noticed the bonsai too, the pine definitely stood out and i wasnt sure if the other was a juniper or cypress. both looked like quality bonsai though, i even sent @ConorDash a screen shot about the movie at the time. great movie too btw

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
i watched the movie a few weeks ago and noticed the bonsai too, the pine definitely stood out and i wasnt sure if the other was a juniper or cypress. both looked like quality bonsai though, i even sent @ConorDash a screen shot about the movie at the time. great movie too btw
[/QU
One was a bald cypress, which, since the scene was set in S. Carolina or Fla, (if I remember correctly ) showed whoever chose those trees understood the whole "native" species angle of bonsai...

Top Bottom