Generation Bonsai

lieuz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was following someone on Instagram and saw this. I don't know much about it and this seems super interesting.
12547499_450376211819994_1778046778_n.jpg

Anyone have anymore info on this?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That's a nice picture!

Sorce

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There's a Facebook page too...

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
i find it funny that walter pall is over seeing the other artists like Bjorn and Matt.....
Like overseer on the plantation. I think it is only natural. And his picture is larger than the rest other guys. Whoever they are.
It looks like he has them in his pocket.

carp

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Like overseer on the plantation. I think it is only natural. And his picture is larger than the rest other guys. Whoever they are.
It looks like he has them in his pocket.

You should hear the way he is talked about by the real pros.

carp

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
He is the real pro. Those other guys got nothing on him.

That's not factual. He hasn't won an award in over a decade. I've heard a top European professional refer to Walter as "a total hack" and then went onto to say "if the US loves him so much, you can have him. We don't want him." I've heard club members who have done workshops with him say he's an asshole.

Bjorn and Matt are both Americans, you'll be seeing them a lot more very soon when they return home from Japan. Im actually suprised that you havent already heard of them, they're everywhere, but that is fine. They're both very humble and genuine, with great talent. You should see their work.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sadly, Seth,

I have to agree with you. This is also what we were told about Mr. Pall, save the word used was - joke.
Oh well the professionals of Europe, have their opinions as well,
Good Day
Anthony

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
... I've heard [] ...I've heard ..."

Well it's all very interesting what you have "heard". That just makes you a gossip and one who hangs out with gossips. Super duper cool! Why not give us your professional opinion of his work with some examples? That might be informative because many of us are under the impression that he is pretty darn good. I for one am always looking to learn so teach us!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well it's all very interesting what you have "heard". That just makes you a gossip and one who hangs out with gossips. Super duper cool! Why not give us your professional opinion of his work with some examples? That might be informative because many of us are under the impression that he is pretty darn good. I for one am always looking to learn so teach us!
Thank you Milehigh!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Walter seems really blunt and I think that rubs some people wrong. He definietly does'nt skate around the issue if he does not like something about a tree, which I personally like. He has one of the best blogs out there, and his trees speak for themselves.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not much to say.

Assholes can't pull this off!

The fact that he's taken dumb ass demos, and turned them into "inspirations", is enough for me.

We all heard the story of some traveling master who cut a limb off a tree, or made some kind of change without first asking the owner....or worse...even killed their tree.....

That's an asshole!

Sorce

Reaction score
But what defines a professional? Someone who makes a living with bonsai?
Last time I checked the Netherlands was situated in Europe, and I like Walters trees a damn much. Now I'm nowhere near a prof, but isn't liking trees all what this is about?
I don't give a flying fuck if some dude is pissing down on Walters trees, I like 'em.
Open to learn from everyone with nice trees. In the end it's my tree who's gonna be fukkin great, and if someone 500 km away doesn't like it, well, so be it.

You can't stall the Pall!

Last edited:
Top Bottom