Get Rockm a dog pots

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I like both of those pots and they are a solid deal compared to quality pots of this size available in other venues!
Sorry, I am not exactly in the market for anything else myself right now! Otherwise I would probably go for that first one. Still pondering it.... ;)

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like both of those pots and they are a solid deal compared to quality pots of this size available in other venues!
Sorry, I am not exactly in the market for anything else myself right now! Otherwise I would probably go for that first one. Still pondering it.... ;)

No worries.

I'm trying to keep pricing to what I've got in them or less. I'd like to hang on to both of these because they have wood ash glazes, but I haven't really got anything small enough to put in them. Ron Lang has moved to NC and left his huge wood-fired kiln in Pennsylvania. I've heard he's shifting to a gas-fired kiln down there.

Last edited:

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For the record, I won't comment on prices on "other venues" ;)

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The Lang pot is really nice. I dont have a tree for it though and Im trying to avoid buying more pots I dont have trees for...lol

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't know if I have a use for the big Chinese one, but what's the cream oval pot?
These aren't for sale. At least not now.

I do have an unglazed Tokoname oval about the same size as the cream oval though. $80. Haven't got time to post photos today, though.

BTW, the cream oval is 1980's Tokoname.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wow, drool worthy pile there. What is the one under the cream Tokoname? These look big!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Smallest would be about 19" inches. Assorted Tokonome, Albright, Rayner, Lang and Cochoy and some potters local to me.

The pot under the cream one is an grey-granite glazed oval from Bryan Albright. One of my favorites, but hard to use since it is big and shallow with an incurved lip. I've got a big American hornbeam that will move in next spring.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It is a beauty. Will look great with a tree in it. Hbeam is a good choice, I can see the fall colors lighting it up in that. Too bad for me, this pile is not on the block...(or maybe good for me lol...)

armetisius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ha! These are a few of the pots I don't have trees for. It's a sickness...

Could we get a telethon for a cure?
I don't have a dang thing that needs/deserves a pot;
yet I own over two dozen in various sizes/styles/compositions.
Maybe it is some sort of "bonsai loving bug" that hangs out in
our trees-laying in wait-to bite us with this dire disease.

Work for the cure. We must have some relief. Send your
donations to . . . :confused:

;)

Jester217300

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
These are nice pots. I'm waiting to see what else you post before I dive in....

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'll post one more Ron Lang pot. This is the "high end" of what I've got. I'll try to post other stuff this weekend . $300

This RL pot was custom-made for me. It is 19 inches wide and about 12 across and an inch deep. I was looking at Ron's suiban's at a PBA show a while ago and asked him if he made bonsai pots in the same shape and depth. He said he didn't, so I said "punch some holes in this design and I'd be interested" Pot is for a Japanese maple group that I have. Ron almost always builds two custom pots for each order-in case one doesn't make it through the firing. I have both he made of this one. This can also double up as a regular suiban if you plug the holes and fill with sand, etc.

Ron1.jpg Ron2.jpg Ron3.jpg Ron4.jpg Ron5.jpg

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is a pot by Richmond-area potter Maureen Jennigan. She was active under "Deadwood Pottery" in the late 90's into the mid 2000's. Her pots were ahead of their time, strongly constructed but not clunky and with a sense of proportion. This one has a subtle purple swirls in dark grey clay. It's about 13" across and 2" deep. Nice for azalea or other flowering tree. Might also work with a pine. $50
jennigan6.jpg jennigan1.jpg jennigan2.jpg jennigan3.jpg jennigan4.jpg jennigan5.jpg

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is an unmarked production Tokoname pot 17"x12"x2" (interior measurements) exterior is about 19x14 or so. About 20 years old. Picked it up in San Francisco in Japantown at Soko hardware. Nice simple, quality pot. $80
toko1.jpg toko2.jpg toko3.jpg toko4.jpg

Top Bottom