Get Rockm a dog sale

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All you DMV residents, I have to sell off some of my pots to help fund a puppy and you can help;)

I am selling American potters' stuff, a very nice, custom Horst Heinzlereiter pot (which I'm very sad to be letting go, but I haven't used it in a long while), some Japanese Tokoname and a few decent Chinese pots. American potters include Nick Lenz, Ron Lang.. Also have a nice, medium sized Maureen Jennigan pot (a very good potter who worked in the 90's under "Deadwood Pottery.)

The stuff is mostly in the medium to small range 3"-12" wide--although there are several larger. One of the Chinese pots is about "18 wide and 5" deep, excellent for a big flowering tree.

Prices run from $20-$300 and are below what I paid. Some are 15 years old or older and all are undamaged and clean. PM me if you're in the area. Ideally, I'd like to have people come by to see and pick them up.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'll keep watching. Too far to drive

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
i figured he was judging from the photo. those are real neat dogs. I went on a stint where I wanted to get into the old british sport of Terriering, ironically when I was searching for the best bonsai hunting shovel lol. You'd be surpised at some of the custom shovels out there. I grew up with jack russels, German short haired pointers and beagles, beagles are cute af but they dont listen, and a dog that doesn't listen aint worth a damn. I have a hungarian vizla, shes an amazing hound. fastest dog I've ever seen, and smart as heck, points at birds and can track a blood trail. supposedly grey hounds can go 45, whippets 35 mph, and vizlas 40 mph. she can easily out run me on the quad, its only a 150 tho. everyone says to adopt a dog which is great, I've known some brilliant muts, and some terrible pure breds, but she was some of the best money i ever spent. i want to get her a little dachshund sidekick, those are actually amazing hunting/tracking dogs, and also cute af.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I grew up with Cairn terriers back in the stone age before anyone "terriered";) Our dogs just plain killed rats, chucks, foxes, whatever happened to try to hide in a burrow in the fields around our house. Fearless, tough and hardy dogs. You pulled those dogs out of the burrow they were headfirst into by their tails. Also had to dig em out if the tunnel collapsed or if they got tangled up with whatever was in there biting them. PETA, shmeta. Dogs didn't care or feel it. Cairns are now mostly Goddam lap dogs, not the terriers they once were.

Gaze hounds are cool. Bull breeds, however, are my thing. Pit bulls, English bulls, bull mastiff, staffies, Amstaffs, American bulldog, English bulldog...

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I know some really smart pit bulls, the bull dogs are about the funniest dogs out there, bad fart knockers though hahah. I had this one jack russel that was the champion mole killer. she was well known around town, people hate moles, and friggin love a mole killing dog. people would call me to bring her over and she would go right to work, funniest thing ever. just get in the zone and stare at the ground and and all the sudden dive in and come out shakin a mole

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like bull breeds because they are all comedians, including pit bulls. People make assumptions that they're dangerous, etc., but if the owner is cool, the dog probably is too.

I've been confronted a couple of times in the street by people asking me "why would you want a dog like THAT?" Those people have also told me to get out of their neighborhood. The first time, I just left. didn't say anything.

Second time, I had thought about what to say if someone got in my face. I responded by asking the a-hole making the stink about my ugly "dangerous" dog, if he thought yelling at me and threatening me with my plug ugly bull terrier standing their watching him was really a good idea. I think at that point the ahole looked nervously down at Jack (who was 65 lbs of ugly bullet-headed muscle). Jack gave him the old "s'up dude?" tongue-lolling bull terrier grin and, if I remember correctly, farted. Guy had NO sense of humor. Didn't bother us anymore though.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I like bull breeds because they are all comedians, including pit bulls. People make assumptions that they're dangerous, etc., but if the owner is cool, the dog probably is too.

I've been confronted a couple of times in the street by people asking me "why would you want a dog like THAT?" Those people have also told me to get out of their neighborhood. The first time, I just left. didn't say anything.

Second time, I had thought about what to say if someone got in my face. I responded by asking the a-hole making the stink about my ugly "dangerous" dog, if he thought yelling at me and threatening me with my plug ugly bull terrier standing their watching him was really a good idea. I think at that point the ahole looked nervously down at Jack (who was 65 lbs of ugly bullet-headed muscle). Jack gave him the old "s'up dude?" tongue-lolling bull terrier grin and, if I remember correctly, farted. Guy had NO sense of humor. Didn't bother us anymore though.
3918961d9e1c59bd818294e43f3662ad.jpg

Can't get a bully now, so I'll have to live vicariously through you, rockm.

Top Bottom