Getting ready for Spring

Hank Miller

Yamadori
Reaction score
Winter is still here i western New York but spring is hopefully not far away. Below are a few images of some of my tropicals. Enjoy. Hank

Attachments

• CAM6497.JPG
    CAM6497.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 79
  • FN6426.JPG
    FN6426.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 73
  • F5674.JPG
    F5674.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 72
  • FN6429.JPG
    FN6429.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 68

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Can’t wait. Won’t be long now.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Can’t wait. Won’t be long now.
I'm with you there, sister. I'm tired of cold, gray days. I hope you're right, but last year we had late frosts. I think it was early May before I could put the trees outside. But my crab apples are starting to bloom.:rolleyes:

Hyn Patty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Spring is definitely starting to roll in here. SO MANY thunder storms the past several days, my goodness. My daffodils started blooming but are having a hard time not lying in the mud with the pounding rain and wind we have been having up here. Some early cherries are starting to bloom, the maples have their small red flowers busting forth. I have a few more days of storms before I'll see the sun this weekend. I am thinking hard about looking around and making final decisions on starting some air layers and doing a little collecting before things break buds up here on the mountain now the valley below is waking up.

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Hey Hank
i've seen your ficus natalensis over the years and always thought to myself
'I know where that dude comes from'
is that first tree a kanniedood ? commiphora...

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Spring is definitely starting to roll in here. SO MANY thunder storms the past several days, my goodness. My daffodils started blooming but are having a hard time not lying in the mud with the pounding rain and wind we have been having up here. Some early cherries are starting to bloom, the maples have their small red flowers busting forth. I have a few more days of storms before I'll see the sun this weekend. I am thinking hard about looking around and making final decisions on starting some air layers and doing a little collecting before things break buds up here on the mountain now the valley below is waking up.
I’m still under snow and ice. Spring...it is near though.

Hank Miller

Yamadori
Reaction score
Yes, the first image is a commiphora and the last 3 are Ficus Natalensis. Had trouble with the post and did not include this info.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I'm with you there, sister. I'm tired of cold, gray days. I hope you're right, but last year we had late frosts. I think it was early May before I could put the trees outside. But my crab apples are starting to bloom.:rolleyes:
I know- same here- just trying to stay positive. Hahaha. We just got about 11 inches of snow in the last week. I am hoping it will melt soon.

WesB

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
LOVE the oak formed one! The rest are very nice too ;)

Top Bottom