Getting ready to post 3 videos, What's the best day to post?

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I have a new video coming out very soon. It's a tree I have not shown on video before. I have video of the tree from three different years. The entire video would run close to, or over, an hour, so I'm releasing it as three videos over the next three weeks. I want to have all three videos completed, uploaded to YouTube, and scheduled to release on the same day for three consecutive weeks. I should be done editing by Wednesday or Thursday of this week..

What day of the week would give me the opportunity to reach the most bonsai viewers? I'm thinking Friday, 6am US CDT (noon UTC).

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think you're overthinking it. If you have subs, you'll reach em no matter what time you post. If you don't have followers, push the link here and on other bonsai forums. Go to reddit.com/r/bonsai and post the link there as well. Youtube isn't "live" it's an archive; unless you're doing a live broadcast. The time of day for an international community shouldn't matter.

Also, post your channel and you'll get a new sub right now.

Cheers,
B

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I think you're overthinking it. If you have subs, you'll reach em no matter what time you post. If you don't have followers, push the link here and on other bonsai forums. Go to reddit.com/r/bonsai and post the link there as well. Youtube isn't "live" it's an archive; unless you're doing a live broadcast. The time of day for an international community shouldn't matter.

Also, post your channel and you'll get a new sub right now.

Cheers,
B
I overthink EVERYTHING. You should see what I'm overthinking trying to get these videos produced. Its embarrassing.

Here's my channel, by the way:
https://www.youtube.com/c/BillsBayou

I'll add it to my signature.

music~maker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Funny, I just happened to be randomly looking at the reddit /r/bonsai traffic stats today. One of the breakdowns is average pageviews per day. Roughly tied for 1st place were Sunday, Monday and Thursday. The conclusion I drew from the limited available data was that for maximum reddit visibility, posting on Sunday with something that got a decent number of up-votes would probably get you both the Sunday and Monday views. The lowest day was Saturday, and the other three days were roughly tied for 2nd.

But you'll probably get quite a few views regardless. We get an average of 9500 pageviews per day, and the difference between the lowest daily average and highest is only about 15%.

Fishtank307

Shohin
Reaction score
I overthink EVERYTHING. You should see what I'm overthinking trying to get these videos produced. Its embarrassing.

Here's my channel, by the way:
https://www.youtube.com/c/BillsBayou

I'll add it to my signature.

I remember your bald cypress! I was super impressed by the base of that tree and the video of you collecting it :D

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I remember your bald cypress! I was super impressed by the base of that tree and the video of you collecting it :D
My next video has me back in the swamps pulling the most beautiful tree I've ever owned. And, for the first time, I have video of me cleaning the roots for a bald cypress first-potting.

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Funny, I just happened to be randomly looking at the reddit /r/bonsai traffic stats today. One of the breakdowns is average pageviews per day. Roughly tied for 1st place were Sunday, Monday and Thursday. The conclusion I drew from the limited available data was that for maximum reddit visibility, posting on Sunday with something that got a decent number of up-votes would probably get you both the Sunday and Monday views. The lowest day was Saturday, and the other three days were roughly tied for 2nd.

But you'll probably get quite a few views regardless. We get an average of 9500 pageviews per day, and the difference between the lowest daily average and highest is only about 15%.

Thanks for the reply. This tells me that if I can get the kinks out and a music score applied, I'd really like to hit Thursday morning.

One of the YouTube video mills stated their best results were on Thursdays and Fridays. Sure, they're going after a different audience, and I'm not a video mill. Just the same, Thursday is looking ideal.

Hmmm.... But Tuesday nights is Bonsai Mirai Night. That'll eat into my editing time. Nah. I'll just stay up editing. Who needs sleep? I get the best edits when I'm sleep-deprived and drunk.

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I put in the music tracks for video 1 last night. It really picks up the mood of the videos. Barring an act of God, Himself*, I will have all three videos uploaded Wednesday. Video 1 will be out Thursday morning, 6am US CDT (noon UTC).

*Note: I ignored God's hints two weeks ago, and it cost me $750 to "recover" my SUV from the sticky grip of dry Catahoula Lake, two miles from the nearest road. So "Act of God" is a real and present threat to my schedules. My wife calls these "Stupidity of Bill". Either could happen.

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Nice!
Can't wait!
I was so board last night that I started watching videos about Bob Lazar!:eek:
I need me some Bill's Bayou!
God called. Well, my daughter called. Apparently there is a leak under the tub and several rooms have been flooded.

I had wanted to work on the soundtrack for videos 2 and 3. Instead, I'm at Home Depot trying to find a shower diverter.

The good news is: Video 1, tentatively titled "Bald Cypress Bonsai Swamp Dig - The Saint Kateri Tree", WILL BE OUT TOMORROW MORNING COME HELL OR HIGH WATER.

I say that, but now there's going to be hell and high water at home.

Finally, an Act of God almost became and Act of Dog. I found my dog chewing on my laptop's power cord. Now THAT would be a little bit of hell and high water. I managed to stop the little shit.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
God called. Well, my daughter called. Apparently there is a leak under the tub and several rooms have been flooded.

I had wanted to work on the soundtrack for videos 2 and 3. Instead, I'm at Home Depot trying to find a shower diverter.

The good news is: Video 1, tentatively titled "Bald Cypress Bonsai Swamp Dig - The Saint Kateri Tree", WILL BE OUT TOMORROW MORNING COME HELL OR HIGH WATER.

I say that, but now there's going to be hell and high water at home.

Finally, an Act of God almost became and Act of Dog. I found my dog chewing on my laptop's power cord. Now THAT would be a little bit of hell and high water. I managed to stop the little shit.
Oh, dang buddy!
You ain't lying!

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Oh, dang buddy!
You ain't lying!
HELL AND HIGH WATER. What you're about to read strains credulity.

I need luck where I can predict lottery numbers. Isn't there a Powerball drawing tonight?

My in-laws are in their RV in Foley, Alabama. My mother-in-law just broke her hip. No lie. I said there'd be hell, didn't I? Well, it isn't keeping my video from being uploaded as we speak. It's being uploaded and it is scheduled for 6am Central Daylight Time, United States of Dagnabbit America. I could tell you something about how the video won't get uploaded, but I won't. Because it'll happen. My mother-in-law broke her hip and I'm bitching about my video upload schedule. Sounds selfish, except where, just this morning, I kind of predicted something like this would happen. I need to shut my doom-and-gloom mouth.

Then again: The only way any of you won't see videos 2 and 3 uploaded is if I win tonight's Powerball jackpot. (let me check...) Estimated jackpot is $191 million.... half for the cash-out is $95 million ... half that for taxes is $47 million ... I'm 53 and want to live to 100, so that's easy math .... an even $1 million per year.... I can definitely scrape by on a million per year... in Martinique. Do they speak Spanish there? I hope so. I don't speak Spanish. The fewer people who speak my language and I can't be bothered to wake up except for another fruity drink with umbrellas.

If I win that money, I'll post a photo of me coming in to work 3 hours late, drunk before noon, in my bathrobe, "Just showing up to gather some personal photos, guys. I've got 30-year-old single malt in the thermos if anyone is interested."

Then I'll come in here explaining that's how I forgot to upload the other two videos.

SHE BROKE HER HIP! I may have to drive my wife to Alabama tonight or tomorrow and leave her there. A girl should be with her ailing mother, right?

Broke her hip. Hell or high water. I got both. How do I predict these things?

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
HELL AND HIGH WATER. What you're about to read strains credulity.

I need luck where I can predict lottery numbers. Isn't there a Powerball drawing tonight?

My in-laws are in their RV in Foley, Alabama. My mother-in-law just broke her hip. No lie. I said there'd be hell, didn't I? Well, it isn't keeping my video from being uploaded as we speak. It's being uploaded and it is scheduled for 6am Central Daylight Time, United States of Dagnabbit America. I could tell you something about how the video won't get uploaded, but I won't. Because it'll happen. My mother-in-law broke her hip and I'm bitching about my video upload schedule. Sounds selfish, except where, just this morning, I kind of predicted something like this would happen. I need to shut my doom-and-gloom mouth.

Then again: The only way any of you won't see videos 2 and 3 uploaded is if I win tonight's Powerball jackpot. (let me check...) Estimated jackpot is $191 million.... half for the cash-out is $95 million ... half that for taxes is $47 million ... I'm 53 and want to live to 100, so that's easy math .... an even $1 million per year.... I can definitely scrape by on a million per year... in Martinique. Do they speak Spanish there? I hope so. I don't speak Spanish. The fewer people who speak my language and I can't be bothered to wake up except for another fruity drink with umbrellas.

If I win that money, I'll post a photo of me coming in to work 3 hours late, drunk before noon, in my bathrobe, "Just showing up to gather some personal photos, guys. I've got 30-year-old single malt in the thermos if anyone is interested."

Then I'll come in here explaining that's how I forgot to upload the other two videos.

SHE BROKE HER HIP! I may have to drive my wife to Alabama tonight or tomorrow and leave her there. A girl should be with her ailing mother, right?

Broke her hip. Hell or high water. I got both. How do I predict these things?
Wow, wishes of quick recovery!

And you remind me of one off my favorite songs, by Levon Helm...

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B

Freakin hilarious!

Top Bottom