getting the CORRECT FELLING.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Sorry, but I didn't want it to be this BIG, I just needed to ask how you all give you BONSAI a boost into their final; pots to make them Actually look like TREES, ( like J.Naka said).?
Nothing more than that. I have a problem with buying the right final pot for the tree and getting the position correct, It's never easy to get that PROPER Feel. ( the right shoes for the FEET)

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you posted a picture or pictures... you would already have pages worth of great suggestions. Maybe even some virtual's, and links to suggested places to buy the exact pot. No one can suggest a pot for a tree they haven't seen.

Some general guidelines start here... (with exceptions of course): Deciduous are most often displayed in glazed pots, and conifers in un-glazed. A taller tree generally should have a shallower wider pot (except for the literati style). A short stocky tree will usually have a bit deeper narrower pot. Of course some trees need a heavier (more masculine pot), and others a lighter (feminine) pot.

But as I said, if we had a picture or two you would have pages full of suggestions instead of sarcasm.

Thank you for your service. I mean no disrespect... only trying to help.

Blessings,
Dan

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
We DO like to help. BUT . . .

In addition to pictures, a carefully written and explained question also helps. Yours was virtually incomprehensible. We had no way of knowing whether you were an experienced grower or a bored teenager seeing what pot he or she could stir.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
TreeKiller.

As Dan posted, it is near impossible to make proper pot recommendations w/o pics. You should know, you can see your trees at any angle and still finding it hard, imagine how it is for us (in total darkness). If you read carefully, the posts are mostly helpful actually. :)

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry to be so BIZZY in my other WORLD, but I thought I could get hints fro of you self-proclaimed experts. so the next time I post some STUPID questions on this site I SHALL post pictures, I thought the so-called EXPERTS could give me a hint on hoe to re-position my trees in their pots. Sorry Smoke, and your arese SMOKE and you following, guess its up to me to ask myself for help an SUCH a BASIC question.

I find this reply difficult to read. My gut tells me I sense an insult but I can't be sure.....

BIZZY in my other WORLD

....this does give me a clue....

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Thanks for military Svs

TreeKiller64 I would like to personally thank your for your many years of dedicated volunteer service in our military. It is because of your sacrifices, and those of many others, that without fear we are free to speak out as we do.

nathanbs

Omono
Reaction score
If you don't understand my simple thread from the beginning ( to just get my trees into a reasonable look) than all you so co called experts can KMA!
all my love sincerely
( I've been doing Bonsai more than some of you have been ALIVE)
Thanks again.
KJ

I'm not quite sure this is proper english and i was not great in english ? "to get my trees into a reasonable look"!? This is your re-iteration after everyone has taken a turn at prodding you? Try perhaps something like: I have difficulty selecting the right angle of my tree when i repot, here's some pics, any suggestions? or what is the appropriate depth to plant a tree in a pot? Believe it or not there's an easy answer to that one. The edges of the nebari should almost always be below the lip of the pot to avoid washing your soil away when you water, simple as that. The exceptions are a little more difficult and would need to be addressed in a case by case basis. But just like shoes just because the shoe fits and is comfortable does not mean it compliments your outfit or meets the current fashion trends. I recommend that you buy some kokufu books off of ebay and study the ways the trees are potted and the types and sizes of pots used for each scenario. Buy the newer books not a 20+ year old one

Top Bottom