ebotond

Seed
Reaction score
Hi all! 😊
I got a bonsai tree for my birthday from my brother but he said the shop assistant couldn’t tell what kind of bonsai tree it was. Could any of you guys help me out with identifying it please? Would mean a lot. Also open to tips on how to keep it and care for it but I will do the research as well once I know the species.
Thanks in advance for all answers and advices! 😊
9E66AEFB-9742-4FB7-ABA7-7EDF04968571.jpeg2A327652-506A-44E8-8F28-73126C65340A.jpeg

ebotond

Seed
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for all answers and advices! 😊

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Try Sageretia theezans. They struggle a bit inside, and this one doesn’t look particularly healthy. When it’s reliably above 45f in your part of the world, it would benefit from being outside full time.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Welcome to the site! Your sweet plum is a little unhappy right now and is throwing spindly, light-colored growth. Check to make sure it is getting enough light and that the soil is draining freely and the roots are healthy.

Good luck! Welcome to the world of bonsai!

ebotond

Seed
Reaction score
Try Sageretia theezans. They struggle a bit inside, and this one doesn’t look particularly healthy. When it’s reliably above 45f in your part of the world, it would benefit from being outside full time
Thank you! It definitely doesn’t look healthy so I’m a bit worried but hopefully I’ll be able to manage it now that you helped me out!

ebotond

Seed
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Your sweet plum is a little unhappy right now and is throwing spindly, light-colored growth. Check to make sure it is getting enough light and that the soil is draining freely and the roots are healthy.

Good luck! Welcome to the world of bonsai!
Thanks a lot and I’ll make sure to take good care of it! 😊

Top Bottom