Ginger ficus yellow leaves

DylanS

Seed
Reaction score
Hello all. Fairly new to Bonsai. I have a ginger ficus who's leaves are growing yellow and turning yellow. It's indoors right now under a grow light. Watering every 2-4 days. I will attach some pictures so you can see the coloration and the grow light set up.

IMG_20211202_172458556_HDR.jpgIMG_20211201_215316961_HDR.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I would ditch the humidity trays. They are sitting in water and staying too wet. If they are there to make watering easier, dump it out after the tree drains.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Doesn't look in the in the water....

Welcome to Crazy!

If it is, I would assume that problem has a precursor, which in this case may be not enough leaves, or that combined with leaves transitioning from outdoors (cold?) to indoors, and dropping anyway.

With that light, you could probably float em regularly.

Sorce

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
or that combined with leaves transitioning from outdoors (cold?) to indoors, and dropping anyway.
None of my ficus drop their leaves when they come inside. Not trying to argue, just sayin'......

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I've had these trees for 3-4 years and they have never changed colors or dropped.leaves coming inside for the winter
I would still bet on a watering issue, too much. But perhaps someone else will chime in.

DylanS

Seed
Reaction score
Never during the winter while they are inside. During warm months I use organic plant tone fertilizer in tea bags ontop of the soil so the water drains through them.

Top Bottom