Ginkgo trident/maple etc. from member

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Went out to RI and met w member @thatbonsaiguydb. Was a nice time w gf and saw some great trees. Learned a lot from him and he has inspiring collection/garden

I got some ginkgo, a trident, airlayer maple, and a bonus wisteria and jbp. Stoked.

Thanks again, @thatbonsaiguydb

20211002_165605.jpg

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Cool to see some ginko wired up instead of having these standard flames!

God grab!
Thanks and yeah, that caught my eye and got me interested...then it Segway to maples and he has some fantastic ones over there. Prebonsai right on up to potted, mossed trees

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Never heard of this RI member....oh, cuz zero posts...hmm.
Definitely some good starter material there!
Cool!
Thabks. Yeah, made me realize bonsai is bigger than the 50 ppl you see daily posting on here. They reached out to me from a recent ginkgo post I responded in and was a cool guy for sure

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Thabks. Yeah, made me realize bonsai is bigger than the 50 ppl you see daily posting on here. They reached out to me from a recent ginkgo post I responded in and was a cool guy for sure
I would love to find how he gets the ginkgo to be so healthy. Mine is in sad shape.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
with this time of year and winter coming up, i was planning on keeping these in the garage, in these containers.
they didnt have a lot of soil, but strong growth, roots 10" out the bottom of every one, and i took off wire
per suggestion of seller, they had bit a little into the bark. i added a little bit of soil to actual pots as well
as slipping them into these containers (dont mind the mess), and letting them get 10 hrs of rain overnight

this morning i put them underbreezeway because i dont want to sog them out, 3 days of rain forecasted

figured this setup will help them with our frigid winters, even in garage

once we get some hard freezes and the leafs turn color/drop theyre going on a shelf in my garage

20211003_081222.jpg
20211003_081313.jpg
20211004_075029.jpg

thatbonsaiguydb

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Went out to RI and met w member @thatbonsaiguydb. Was a nice time w gf and saw some great trees. Learned a lot from him and he has inspiring collection/garden

I got some ginkgo, a trident, airlayer maple, and a bonus wisteria and jbp. Stoked.

Thanks again, @thatbonsaiguydb

Hey, no problem my friend. Glad to see you are enjoying the starters. I will be keeping an close eye on the progress make.

Thanks for the nice words. I really enjoyed meeting you and your lady as well.

Top Bottom