Glimpses of my garden

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Walter, what kind of sun exposure does the bulk of your conifers get at the peak of summer? I see large mature trees on several sides, how much shade do they provide?

Étienne

Most of my trees get 80 to 100% full sunshine, some 50 to 80 %. The temperatures here in peak summer are around 25 to 55 Celsius, seventies to high eighties Farenheit. On average there are tow to three overcast to rainy days per week.Trees do very well in this climate.

AnacortesSteve

Yamadori
Reaction score
Beautiful trees, finally October and getting enough rain I don't have to water the trees that are not under the roof line, they do add up in a hurry.

Mr. Bonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
If you have the space... the sky is the limit :cool:
;)......thanks!

For me space is not a problem, I definitely have the space (live on over an acre).....I just don't have that type of talent for bonsai (wish I did). 😄

Last edited:

Mr. Bonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
Walter Pall....the following question is more out of curiosity.

Your bonsai garden, as vast and it's peaceful setting, along with it's simply stunning and the entire beauty of it all.....at any time during your process of growing and caring, etc. for them, had you ever experienced small birds trying to take up/set up residence in one of your larger bonsai tree's?

Last edited:

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Walter Pall....the following question is more out of curiosity.

Your bonsai garden, as vast and it's peaceful setting, along with it's simply stunning and the entire beauty of it all.....at any time during your process of growing and caring, etc. for them, had you ever experienced small birds trying to take up/set up residence in one of your larger bonsai tree's?

Sure, this happened a couple of times. When I still had a large growing field which was undisturbed over long stretches they could have a nest. Noe, in the main exhibit it does not happen anymore. But I do have flocks of birds once in a while looking for insects. I do not spray any tree with poison and thus my trees are not toxic.

AnacortesSteve

Yamadori
Reaction score
Beautiful garden, I get the birds too, right outside my office window, fun to watch them cleaning out the bugs, just hard with new moss, they scratch it off, the squirrels are worse, I get groups of sunflower seeds sprouting.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Not sure if this has been asked but what is your final wishes for you trees? Please don't take this more than what is it. Am really curious... are you worry what will happen to them once we go back to where we came?

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Not sure if this has been asked but what is your final wishes for you trees? Please don't take this more than what is it. Am really curious... are you worry what will happen to them once we go back to where we came?
This is clarified. They will go to a friendly nursery that will take care of them and pay my widow if they should sell something.

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
This is clarified. They will go to a friendly nursery that will take care of them and pay my widow if they should sell something.
Is this nursery in Germany or is it in the eastern part of the US?

Top Bottom