Glimpses of my garden

HoneyHornet

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I dont believe anyone asked but I have to know, are majority collected by yourself from nature and trained by you ? Are they purchased ?some look so incredibly old im just curious . im sure with a collection that big you have them from every way shape or form

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I dont believe anyone asked but I have to know, are majority collected by yourself from nature and trained by you ? Are they purchased ?some look so incredibly old im just curious . im sure with a collection that big you have them from every way shape or form
About 50 % are collected by me, The other ones ar traded in or purchased. Every one is made by myself. I do not acquire finished trees.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So many beautiful trees! How does your wife feel about giving up the garden to these beautiful living sculptures?

Last edited:

Aeast

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I want to know how one person can truly enjoy this many outstanding trees? Don't they become just another tree on the bench to you? I hope they are all displayed in a public garden some day. Outstanding collection and you have some of my favorites.

HoneyHornet

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I want to know how one person can truly enjoy this many outstanding trees? Don't they become just another tree on the bench to you? I hope they are all displayed in a public garden some day. Outstanding collection and you have some of my favorites.
It really does look like an exhibit that would be awesome paired with wine,slow walk slow sip

Last edited:

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Walter Pall is this part of a bonsai, or a regular vine hanging down somewhere in the garden?

This hangs off a large tree which it has invaded. It used to be a bonsai about 25 years agol. Or alt least it was meant to become a bonsai. I got it from Bill Valavanais.

Driftwood

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice but i think I'll prefer 20 crappie photos of your garden than one very good photo...

Reaction score
I do not have a pest contor program other than to strenghten the immune system of my trees as far as I can. I strenghten them and try to not weaken them. No pinching, no superfluous repotting, watering a lot (all with a garden hose in 40 minutes per day), feeding a lot and giving them as much sunlight as possible, and love.

Thank you for so freely sharing with us the true secret and giving inspirations. One of your trees was very close to a vision I had but could not imagine what the mature vision could be.

Moridin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Amazing!

That would be a awesome thing to walk through every morning :D

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
nice. does it get windy where you live and often knock trees of those pedestals?

Top Bottom