Glimpses of my garden

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
So, Walter, who waters all those trees when you are away?
My wife does. Where is the problem? Anyone with some intellignece can do it. I water like a large nursery that has never heard about bonsai advice would water - with a garden hose full power. Evrerything gets wet. A whole surface is watered and not so much individual trees. We definitely do not ever have water shortage in my area.In 30 minutes it's done. Here we at pesent have rain so often now that I do not water at all for severyl das My tap water is very hard 22° - the trees love it. Maybe becasuse in between it always rains.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Amazing Walter! This is the best collection that I have seen, I hope you are not affected by the flood.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I'm seeing a large number of manhours of just plain maintenance, not including the major work on trees rotating into the lineup from ground growing and/or routine repots. I would guess that one man could just walk from tree to tree to tree preforming the standard touch up and never get ahead of the game. How many apprentices are kept on hand for routine duties?

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm seeing a large number of manhours of just plain maintenance, not including the major work on trees rotating into the lineup from ground growing and/or routine repots. I would guess that one man could just walk from tree to tree to tree preforming the standard touch up and never get ahead of the game. How many apprentices are kept on hand for routine duties?

I do 97 % of the work alone, without any help. Only my wife waters when I am away. I live like a hermit and do nothin else but bo nsai. I avoid any distractions, like friends who keep me away from woring. Don't believe it? Ask Thomas Haering or Jennifer Price. They are close enogh to know.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
. I live like a hermit and do nothin else but bo nsai. I avoid any distractions
Something we can all aspire to.....at least I do!
Great images of the collection, sir.....thanks for posting frequently.
Its a joy to view them.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Spectacular. Thank you for sharing these images. You make it look so easy.

Is there any advice you'd share with people new to bonsai...I doubt you have the time, but if you do?

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Gorgeous garden. So many beautiful things.

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Walter, what kind of sun exposure does the bulk of your conifers get at the peak of summer? I see large mature trees on several sides, how much shade do they provide?

Étienne

Top Bottom