Gnarly Cotoneaster "Coral Beauty" gets new pot

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This tree was dug up from the landscape and nearly wound up in the burn pile. I decided to keep it. Today it got a new pot.

The larger pot was to develop a root base as when dug up very little rootd had developed on the leaning side, which require a rock to hold the tree up. Today the root pad is well established and the tree was slip potted in it's new home. Height of tree 8 inches from the soil. Developmental stages can be found on my blog.

Attachments

redvw5

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good save and nice pot.

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It has a long way to go but I think it is coming along nicely. This thing was about 3/8 inch when it was dug up out of the landscape, then replanted in my grow bed for a couple of years. The pot, sorry I hate it, the only thing I have available at the time. It doesn't really look good in person but the size was right.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
I like it Rick..
I also like the original pot better for it...You can send me that horrible other pot :p
Irene

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I like it Rick..
I also like the original pot better for it...You can send me that horrible other pot :p
Irene
Thanks Irene so did I. Unfortunately it was toooo deep. The future pot will either be the colour of the first or cobalt blue, which I already have one in one of those. That second pot is an Erin pot btw, just not suited for that tree, you have enough pots :) I'm keeping it :p;)

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Aw shucks and here I was thinking the cedar elm would look dang good in it...
I will never have enough pots...
Irene

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the pot choice, but I think it is a little too deep (visually heavy) for the size of the tree. This quick virt shows a shallower version....for consideration.

Will

Attachments