Godzilla-like caterpillar

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Interesting spines on this one that I found on one of my elms the other day...

IMG_1836.JPGIMG_1838.JPGIMG_1839.JPGIMG_1842.JPG

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Keep it away of your trees. I wondered what was eating my trees and then found sth similar but in green...indoor as well.

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Lots of species only feed on one type of tree or bush. Or your veggies. So maybe look and try to ID what it was eating cuz there may be more attacking your tree or whatever. They usualy need another type of plant/tree to pupate and become adults. So maybe thats what it was trying to do there. Keep an eye open for more and for cacoons. Most species need three types of plant to complete their life cycle. Hope that helps, you must have all three types close.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Lots of species only feed on one type of tree or bush. Or your veggies. So maybe look and try to ID what it was eating cuz there may be more attacking your tree or whatever. They usualy need another type of plant/tree to pupate and become adults. So maybe thats what it was trying to do there. Keep an eye open for more and for cacoons. Most species need three types of plant to complete their life cycle. Hope that helps, you must have all three types close.
CHE, common myrtle and eu. hornbeam...just three, thank you.
And I suspected cockchafers, but not indoor.

Top Bottom