GoFundMe...for Owen and ones effected by the fire.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Woke to see this devastating news...sharing the GoFundMe link. Which has a news link attached if one opens it.

jimib

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I saw this this morning myself....just terrible

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I saw this this morning myself....just terrible
My gut just twisted...Can't even imagine. I don't belong to many groups any longer. But those that I do...I was able get permission to share the link. So we can support our fellow bonsai friend...as he tries to face this horrible tragic loss. I knew Greg surely wouldn't have an issue.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
:(

Do I understand right that on top of his business & all, he also lost his dog in the fire!?
Somehow that feels like the worst of it :|
Gut wrenching...Yes he was unable to get his fur pup out. It sounded like he barely got out himself. But...love my fur gang. So hugged them tight and felt like throwing up when I learned.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
That's just terrible. 😢

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I didn't see this thread and posted another one - but I'll mention it here. There will be some benefit auctions for this situation next week on the FB groups Bonsai Auctions and Bonsai Pot Auctions (not 99 cent bonsai) so keep your eyes out if you want to help that way.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I didn't see this thread and posted another one - but I'll mention it here. There will be some benefit auctions for this situation next week on the FB groups Bonsai Auctions and Bonsai Pot Auctions (not 99 cent bonsai) so keep your eyes out if you want to help that way.
I will donate to the fund. I no longer am affiliated with those auction platforms. But thanks for the heads up.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
This certainly puts things in perspective. I will quit whining about not being able to go out to eat, having to wear a mask, etc, etc.

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
Only 1/3 of the amount has been raised. So I am offering to do a custom scroll with the following calligraphy. The phrase is Tenka Muso, which means peerless, unmatched, or unparalleled. You will get to select the scroll style, cloth(s) used, jikusaki, and hanging string. It will be on a secret auction that I will close at 6 PM mountain time on Sunday August 30th. Direct message me with your bid. The winner I will ask to pay to the fund in the link above so the funds go directly to Owen. Typically this type of Premium scroll is charged $300 to customers.
Here is a pic of the Calligraphy.
Tenka Musou.JPG

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
Only 1/3 of the amount has been raised. So I am offering to do a custom scroll with the following calligraphy. The phrase is Tenka Muso, which means peerless, unmatched, or unparalleled. You will get to select the scroll style, cloth(s) used, jikusaki, and hanging string. It will be on a secret auction that I will close at 6 PM mountain time on Sunday August 30th. Direct message me with your bid. The winner I will ask to pay to the fund in the link above so the funds go directly to Owen. Typically this type of Premium scroll is charged $300 to customers.
Here is a pic of the Calligraphy.
View attachment 325739
There is still a chance to bid.

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
Since the other one was never purchased...I finished this Ichigo Ichi一期一会 done in a Sousho style. The scroll is done in a Semiformal styling called Sandan Hyougu 三段表具. Ten/Chi cloth is an off white shike 敷け cloth. The Chuumawashi 中廻し is a dark brown with a Chrysanthemum and Phoenix pattern. The Ichimonji 一文字 is a dark gold with small karakusa 唐草 (arabesque). It is completed with a dark gold hanging string, and rosewood lacquer (紫檀塗り) jikusaki. If you would like to purchase this scroll to help either Owen or Telperion Farms let me know so we can make arrangements. Ichigo Ichie.JPG

Top Bottom