Golden State Bonsai Federation Hours?

Defect

Mame
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Golden Sate Bonsai Collection is open to the public to just take a walk around? I can't seem to find any kind of hours of operation or anything like that.

I have a day to kill and would love to check it out, so if anyone knows anything about the place lemme know.

Thanks

Edit: Im not sure if this is a collection or not. Some places I read that there is a collection of trees in Oakland. Sorry kinda confused.

Last edited:

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The GSBF is not a physical place, so one cannot visit it. It is a cooperative partnership of the local bonsai organizations across California.

There are two bonsai collections, however. The northern collection is in Oakland, and the southern collection is at the Huntington in San Marino, CA. You can visit those two.

Defect

Mame
Reaction score
Alright thanks, I searched Golden state bonsai collection and the federation came up as the same place as the collection so I figured they were one in the same. Thanks Attila Soos.

mat

Chumono
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the collection at Huntington Gardens is fantastic. The gardens themselves were pretty nice too. Check the times though, they closed pretty early when we there - I think at 5:00.

Top Bottom