USDA Zone
8a
Got in some new goldfish for the pond!

goldfish.jpg

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
That's a gorgeous picture!

Pretty fishes too! Did you order them online somewhere?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
That's a gorgeous picture!

Pretty fishes too! Did you order them online somewhere?

I got them from a goldfish farm in Utah :) The owner's son hand-picked them for me. I asked for fish that would look nice when viewed from above (since these are going into the pond). I asked if they would be interested in an article on the web site so you may be seeing more from them here...

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beautiful fish Bnut
Makes me want to go out and go out and start digging a fish pond. I’ve been trying to talk the wife into one after seeing a really cool sphere shaped field stone fountain/bubbler at the Boston Flower show many years ago. Her argument has always been since we live on a brook we don’t need one, but I think I’m wearing her down.
If you don’t mind me asking, what would one expect to pay for that bucket of fish? The main reason I ask is because we have a heron rookery nearby, with 50 or so trees that contain multiple nests in each one.
herons.jpg

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice ryukins. I used to have some similar fish. They will get big in an outdoor pond. I used to have one that got bigger than my fist. He was so fat he could barely swim

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
If you don’t mind me asking, what would one expect to pay for that bucket of fish? The main reason I ask is because we have a heron rookery nearby, with 50 or so trees that contain multiple nests in each one.

These go into a koi pond that has vertical walls and is 5' deep. I don't have MANY bird problems... usually the deep water, lack of clear flight paths in and out, and dogs in the backyard reduce the risk.

Those 10 fish cost me $185 delivered. About 40% of that was the cost of the packaging and shipping. I can't find large fish like that around here for less than $20... and in some cases more than that. And they aren't close to the quality.

Top Bottom