Good ficus material on ebay????

Redwing

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Either I'm way off base here or there's a good piece of material on ebay. Can't promise the price won't rise above its value, but this one big ficus seems quite solid. Obviously it hasn't been well-developed by the current owner, but there's huge potential here. If I did tropicals, I'd be bidding. Since I don't, I'll post here and maybe someone else can benefit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ficus-Retusa-Bo...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45ef987cb1

I promise I have nothing to do with the sale, and do not know the owner or any other bidder (or even who they are). I'm just grateful to another member for bringing a good auction to my attention recently, and I'm trying to pay it forward.

-rw

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow...if you're in to tropicals that does have some great potential. Other than that it doesn't offer much else. And for the current bid of 315.00 I'd say it is over priced for a piece of stock of it's caliber.

Redwing

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow...if you're in to tropicals that does have some great potential. Other than that it doesn't offer much else. And for the current bid of 315.00 I'd say it is over priced for a piece of stock of it's caliber.

Well, I don't know tropicals well but I'd love to know where you could find comparable stock (assuming that you plan to redo all branching) for that price.

-rw

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Interesting piece of stock. I wonder why with all the pics he has taken there is only one view :confused::confused::confused::rolleyes:

64jein

Seedling
Reaction score
Excellent nebari, lack of work in the branches but has good future

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Good ficus, isn't that an oxymoron...........:rolleyes:

keep it green,
Harry

BUBBAFRGA

Mame
Reaction score
If you want Good Tropical stuff - ( Yes Harry it does exist) - try Jim Smith at Durastone Nursery.
http://www.jimsmithbonsai.com/Contact.htm

ask for type and price range and he can set you up very well.

I would agree...Jim V. can get you something of this caliber for alot cheaper that that.....there is also a nusery right down from Durastone that has great stock to but I cannot rember their name.\\

Here is one I got from Jim V. at durastone this past summer for about $65. Second Pic is me, Lance Laney after the workshop. I'm the small fellow on the right....LOL.

Attachments

• 100_5651a.jpg
    100_5651a.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_5654a.jpg
    100_5654a.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 27
Top Bottom