Good Hose Attachment?

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
I've had that nozzle before and it is a good spray, very fine and won't disturb the soil. Eventhough it says its welded, I have had two that have become unwelded. Then the pipe comes right out of the hose adapter or the nozzle shoots off. Very annoying. I think part of the problem is that the hose adaptor and the nozzle end are made of pot metal and they try to weld it to the steel pipe that is very thin. It may be silver soldered or something but it never burns into the pipe, it always just slides right off after a year.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I like the all aluminum shower heads from Dramm. The wand attachments get leaky sometimes. I just wrap some teflon tape in the threading and replace the rubber o rings after a while.

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The (I assume aluminum) masakuni watering worked beautifully for me while I had it. Now I just use a regular watering wand, which works almost as well.

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
These are all very good suggestions! I'm glad I don't need to buy a $100 hose!
oh, you didn't say anything about a hose. Yes, you need a $100.00 hose.

Reactions: Vin

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I just have a cheap multifunctional attachment with different settings (hard / soft / mist / different patterns / etc.) and the ability to increase / decrease the flow.

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have the Dramm, too. It does move my soil if I get too close but very good for the price imho.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

pbrown00

Mame
Reaction score

Johnathan

Omono
Reaction score
I just have a cheap multifunctional attachment with different settings (hard / soft / mist / different patterns / etc.) and the ability to increase / decrease the flow.

I vote for this option. In fact this is the exact wand I have.

Screenshot_20180806-105138_Chrome.jpg

Not sure why you need to spend so much just to water. This has multiple settings, and a pressure adjuster.

In fact, I'd advocate for a $100 hose before a $100 wand. But that's just me.

EDIT: It even has a mist setting, BE AMAZED!

BigBen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
If I were to get just one, would you recommend the Dramm plastic water breaker nozzle or the Dramm rain wand?

I mostly use the Rain Wand along with that Shut-Off Valve.
Works GREAT!
The other Dramm head is a finer mist. Also works great.

Top Bottom