Good Material? or Bad???

Good Material, or Bad?

• Good, Hell yeah I dig It! You can definitely do something with that!

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Bad... Like in thats Crap! Go buy some better Material and Stop Wasting your time!

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
Side note...
Wanted to address the whole baiting people thing. I am not baiting people, just asked a question of what people thought of this material.

Everyone always says go out and get good material... it is interesting to see what people's view of good material is. No, answers are wrong, really.

For some, good material is trees that just need refined, where someone else has already done all the construction work. For others they see the tree in a rough piece of stock, just needing to begin the process of it's construction, and then there is the last group who just seem to say everything is bad, just because that seems to be the response to all answers of if a piece of material is good or bad.

I am not judging... I just figured after I showed the initial photos, I would follow it up with it's progression, too show my opinion of whether or not I thought the tree was good or not. Which happens to be, well... it doesn't become good on it's own... only one way to find out.

Is it good or bad? Well I have seen worse trees and I have seen better. But, so far it's an amazing improvement in my book. We will see how it develops over time. I think it has some very nice potential... yes, it still has some issues, but these cannot all be resolved this week.
There is also a group that can recognize what raw material will make a good tree and what not, thats the group which will end up with better trees.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Side note...
Wanted to address the whole baiting people thing. I am not baiting people, just asked a question of what people thought of this material.
I can't speak for everyone but for the most part those of us that have been on the forum for a few years are just messing with you. We're just talking smack amongst friends. :cool:

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can't speak for everyone but for the most part those of us that have been on the forum for a few years are just messing with you. We're just talking smack amongst friends. :cool:
Right!
And I'm surprised as he'll that Stacy didn't bend it up like a pretzel.

Top Bottom