Good Place for Bonsai Pots Online

Apex37

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Trying to find a decent online store that sells bonsai pots, preferably ones that are frost proof. I'm looking to repot some junipers and can't seem to find a decent online bonsai pot store.

Any recommendations?

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Trying to find a decent online store that sells bonsai pots
Probably depends on your definition of decent? with respect to price? with respect to quality? With respect to design?
The frost proof typically reflects better quality production process and materials.
Pots are also more breakable and heavy than most easily shipped items which impacts online sales and shipping costs.
Perhaps a little more information would assist responses.

Jluke33

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
If you are a beginner like me, and can't afford too much, Willow Bonsai pots are probably the best entry level price for a bonsai pot from an online retailier (for clay, glazedand unglazed anyway. of course you can get plastic training pots from amazon that have good drainage and look like a bonsai square with feet). I got a couple on superfly bonsai. You have to pay shipping unless you order over a certain amount, so I would maybe save up a little until you have other stuff you want to buy and then purchase it all at once.

Apex37

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Probably depends on your definition of decent? with respect to price? with respect to quality? With respect to design?
The frost proof typically reflects better quality production process and materials.
Pots are also more breakable and heavy than most easily shipped items which impacts online sales and shipping costs.
Perhaps a little more information would assist responses.
General statement of just a good online store for bonsai pots that has a good selection. Will that work?

Apex37

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
If you are a beginner like me, and can't afford too much, Willow Bonsai pots are probably the best entry level price for a bonsai pot from an online retailier (for clay, glazedand unglazed anyway. of course you can get plastic training pots from amazon that have good drainage and look like a bonsai square with feet). I got a couple on superfly bonsai. You have to pay shipping unless you order over a certain amount, so I would maybe save up a little until you have other stuff you want to buy and then purchase it all at once.
Thanks for the recommendation! Googling brought me to Eastern Leaf, Brussel's Bonsai, etc. I was trying to find something a little better quality and more variety of selection. I'll check out those sites you said!

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Just off the top of my head
Bonsaivision.com
Iker Bonsai Pots
New England Bonsai Gardens
Bonsai outlet

Kodama

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Check this out who is also a supporting member of this great community.

Apex37

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thank you all, I'll definitely be checking out these sites. I really appreciate the recommendations!

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Have used Bonsai Vision for commercial pots.

NaoTokutake makes great pots

Vicki Chamberlain as well

The latter 2 also make custom pots if interested

Last edited:
Top Bottom