Good satsuki advice?

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Interesting link!

The info on Satsuki azalea seems to be very good. Most people on this site do not follow that regimine. But I do something very similiar. I don't let mine flower every year.

I happen to own the second Shimpaku bonsai shown. I did not own it when that photo was taken.

Here's a current picture:

image.jpeg

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
That was a cool site!
Some real good advice in ther, some snake oil! Foliar feeding with beer alternating with Superthrive,..? GTFO

I think a bit too much is made about alternating blooming years.. Some say every other year, some say every third... Some say they let them bloom and just remove the blooms a little early... I don't think anybody can provide proof of one method being better than another!

I do think the repotting recommendations are spot on.... There is a lot of really good info on that page!

willowmt

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Awesome! I'm glad I found it, then. Good info all on one page. What would beer do?

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Beer on your bonsai? Thats alcohol abuse! But really it does have a lot of vitamins, should be organic and both feed and water at the same time. Im not gonna waste perfectly good beer on plants.

Boscology

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
One tablespoon of flat beer mixed in a 40 oz. spray bottle applied on the foliage, first example of pouring one out for all the homies (maybe in this case trees) that aren't with us today. :rolleyes:

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Interesting link!

The info on Satsuki azalea seems to be very good. Most people on this site do not follow that regimine. But I do something very similiar. I don't let mine flower every year.

I happen to own the second Shimpaku bonsai shown. I did not own it when that photo was taken.

Here's a current picture:

View attachment 91872
I saw this in person and I absolutely love this tree. It was definently one of the best there, dont blame you at all for buying it.

You must keep us updated on it!

Top Bottom