Good to be home...trees are thriving

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So good to be back in the states. My husband was so concerned with the timer for watering. Now that he has claimed the thuja planting...That he vetoed it. And had a neighbor who feeds the feral cats near the dumpster in the building that houses the lake plow trunk and cinders...for winter... watered the trees every day.(she actually trapped the cats and had them fixed as well...I think there are three up there) . She walks past with cat food daily. So she would turn on the sprinkler...go feed the cats and turn off the sprinkler on her return trip past the house. Worked like a dream.

@Adair M you were correct...no issues with the crabapple with such watering for the two weeks of sprinkler watering.

This was the first year I was away with the Satsuki azalea that came from Don. And it looks amazing...so, I am now having the Neagari azalea from Scott finally shipped out. My concern of leaving before it acclimated to my location...and evening temps had me hold off on shipping. And he was gracious to hold it for me. Peace of mind...was a good thing.

Even my pyracantha has bounced back from his pitiful funk it went into after arrival and repot. So good to return to happy trees.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Welcome back and good to hear all went good with the plants :)

Grimmy

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Welcome home, and back to the nuthouse. Glad your trees are doing good, and your trip went nicely. Your positivity was missed around here as well.

Aaron

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Welcome home, and back to the nuthouse. Glad your trees are doing good, and your trip went nicely. Your positivity was missed around here as well.

Aaron

Awww thanks Aaron...for the kind words. Glad to be back. Hopefully once things are in order here from being away for the time we were...I can get back to spending more time here.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice that it all worked out so well. It's always nerve-wracking, and a relief when nothing bad happens. Let me know if you're going to get down this way...

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Glad your back - I had about a heart attack everyday when I went to Ecuador for 2 weeks last spring and everything was on a automatic watering system. Everything was alive and well when I got back, Glad yours are 2!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice that it all worked out so well. It's always nerve-wracking, and a relief when nothing bad happens. Let me know if you're going to get down this way...
Was hoping to get our new puppy near Columbus...the breeder only had females. So we head to Findley,Ohio instead come August if they have any males in the litter...we really need to crunch our schedules...and see if we can fit it in. (Trip to your place.)

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What kind of pup? Another aussie? Lets PM about a date, I'm free a lot till mid July. The breeder near Findley isn't Cheryl by chance is it?

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bonsai has taken 20 years off my life expectancy. Just imagine what it would be if it wasn't a relaxing hobby.

Edit: just noticed this is post 1000 for me. Epiphany compounded.
Nice, congrats, but after 1000 posts one would think you could come up with a cheesy avatar. You on a Harley, driven your Corvette, you water skiing with a hot chick on your shoulders, or even a picture of your kite stuck in a tree. Something to think about.

So good to be back in the states.
Welcome Home. Just in time for terrorists, gorilla's and alligators. Just a day in America.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
What kind of pup? Another aussie? Lets PM about a date, I'm free a lot till mid July. The breeder near Findley isn't Cheryl by chance is it?

No,not an aussie...though we will never not have one. But we recently lost our bulldog Sarge and our other one is 12 1/2
...we will always have bulldogs as well. So a bulldog puppy. Will have to talk of date in PM...we maybe heading to Columbus at the end of the month. Will send PM of date.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Bonsai has taken 20 years off my life expectancy. Just imagine what it would be if it wasn't a relaxing hobby.

Edit: just noticed this is post 1000 for me. Epiphany compounded.
If I had the quality of trees you have I'm sure I would stress my departure. But...having had success last year from similar set up...I wasn't overly concerned. My husband was more stressed over that thuja planting though.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Welcome Home. Just in time for terrorists, gorilla's and alligators. Just a day in America.

Missed the terrorists,learned of it when we arrived back...the gorilla happened prior to our departure...and the alligator just a tragedy. Never would have thought that could happen. I'm sure anyone not native there pause to feel it could have been them...I recall taking my own kids to Disney...and taking photos of them and their cousins near bodies of water inside Disney. Never fantoming such results ...

I thought the riot we drove through scary...while in Tegucigalpa. But the horrors on the home front just as horrifying.

But...still glad to be home to relax...and contemplate the tranquility in my backyard. As prayers for others all around the world and in the states are near to my heart.

Top Bottom