Goodbye For Now

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Good luck! Moving to the tropics was a nice change for me, for sure. I have a feeling you'll be out collecting local trees sooner than you think. Hope so. Happy trails!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Send me a post card Will.
I can't fuck that up.

wlambeth

Mame
Reaction score
Will

What's the title of your book?

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will

What's the title of your book?

Two of my better written contributions to bonsai literature referenced on this thread:

http://www.amazon.com/Gnarly-Branches-Ancient-Trees-Robinson/dp/0615378501 - now in its second printing.

http://www.bonsainut.com/threads/siberian-hemlock.21166/#post-302713

. . . and some musings in the Tea House forum, as I recall, about toads and chimps - the study of which, BTW, may find parallel symbiotic pairings in the Philippines, if I understand correctly. :)

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hope I didn't miss you on your way to Southeast Asia. Your moving is a big loss for North American bonsai.

Good luck and Godspeed!!!

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Two of my better written contributions to bonsai literature

My Wife and I think all you have done is a great contribution! May your journey bring you Happiness and Good fortune!

Grimmy

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
@grouper52 Will, this at once makes me sad for us and happy for you! I know you have been preparing for this for awhile but selfishly I will miss your skill, wisdom and friendship. Godspeed and seriously, don't be a stranger. Just because you don't have trees does not mean you don't have things to offer.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
He's a great man,not to mention a great bonsai artist.
What Will did for me can't be explained in words.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@grouper52 Will, this at once makes me sad for us and happy for you! I know you have been preparing for this for awhile but selfishly I will miss your skill, wisdom and friendship. Godspeed and seriously, don't be a stranger. Just because you don't have trees does not mean you don't have things to offer.

Clyde, you and I go back a ways for sure, with the sort of interesting beginning that usually leads to a great friendship. As with many here, I'm sorry we never met in person. Of all the people on this forum these days, I believe I've only met Smoke and Judy B. There sure are a lot of you I'd like to meet - perhaps a bit of a grand road trip cross country in my final days here would be a great idea, although you and I would have to meet somewhere "neutral" - my wife simply will not ever let me go again alone to Las Vegas ( . . . with good reason . . . ...).

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
My wife's family is from the Phillipines. Northern part. They actually just made a trip last month. Every village they went to the local mayor would welcome them with a celebratory dinner. Sounded pretty awesome. If you ever make it up that way just look for a school with the name sejalbo. Named after her family.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The pleasure was all mine....

View attachment 102833

I look like some evil villain from an early Bond movie in that photo! But it's not your fault - I always take the worst photos, or maybe that's just how I look!

That was a great time getting the concluding chapter of Gnarly Branches done, and such a honor to meet you. Fond memories!

My wife's family is from the Phillipines. Northern part. They actually just made a trip last month. Every village they went to the local mayor would welcome them with a celebratory dinner. Sounded pretty awesome. If you ever make it up that way just look for a school with the name sejalbo. Named after her family.

My wife is from down in Bicol Province near Daet, but she is very excited to go up north of Baguio to visit Ilocano Province. The new, and very impressive super-highway that links Manila with Ilocano is the one we take on the way to Baguio, so the travel there is reported to be easy. The Bonsai community and available trees up there are also well spoken of, so yes - we will definitely be going up that way, and will check out the school named after her family. Thanks for the info.

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Best wishes for a great adventure & be safe. We all will be anxious to hear about your experiences. Good luck.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Clyde, you and I go back a ways for sure, with the sort of interesting beginning that usually leads to a great friendship. As with many here, I'm sorry we never met in person. Of all the people on this forum these days, I believe I've only met Smoke and Judy B. There sure are a lot of you I'd like to meet - perhaps a bit of a grand road trip cross country in my final days here would be a great idea, although you and I would have to meet somewhere "neutral" - my wife simply will not ever let me go again alone to Las Vegas ( . . . with good reason . . . ...).

If you ever get close to this area again let me know. I would love to throw back a cold one with you. I really appreciate the folks on here that knew me in some really dark times and overlooked some inexcusably poor behavior. You are one of those people. Anyway... Stay away from fish heads and blood pudding... ;-)

Top Bottom