Goofing around in photobucket...for possible ways to take this come spring

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
First off...thanks Jim for commenting on the roots. Though surely they still bother you. I think my tacking them to the soil and working them the appearance is better than it once was.

Arrived looking like this...
imagejpg4_zpseecc1175.jpg

I then tweaked it's roots and tacked them down...
imagejpg6_zpsf95d6588.jpg

Curious if this tree would look better as a slant...
7591f2a7-5b42-47ff-9a07-9a1bd551fb85_zps13740b4f.jpg

Then I went and added a branch I had removed here and there...for these.
deef70a8-1e43-4a5b-9612-a80d0c9b4f0f_zpscaeec2fb.jpg

d6d9808e-a3c0-4ed7-af69-37943ccee1cd_zps0754cf60.jpg

a3cf1a73-ed08-4712-a86d-a34945a0bc6d_zpsb84a5910.jpg

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You'll pass beyond the crazy roots phase at some point too. Happens to everyone for the most part, then they'll start to irritate you as well. If this tree's roots could be unwound and layed out flat instead of winding, you'd have a very nice start on a radial nebari. I'd take a look at repot time, and see if you could take a very sharp knife, and slice from the bottom to dissect the roots apart, and give it a shot.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You'll pass beyond the crazy roots phase at some point too. Happens to everyone for the most part, then they'll start to irritate you as well. If this tree's roots could be unwound and layed out flat instead of winding, you'd have a very nice start on a radial nebari. I'd take a look at repot time, and see if you could take a very sharp knife, and slice from the bottom to dissect the roots apart, and give it a shot.

Thanks Judy...I will keep that in the back of my mind...not ruling it out. Though...I am not sure with it twisting about how many actually go back to the trunk or...if they are twisted and just not many actually coming off the main trunk.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I favor the first of your slanted trees, though the second one is OK, too.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I favor the first of your slanted trees, though the second one is OK, too.

Thanks Jim...the first one that you favored...would allow for many options as a front. The second one not so much. I sort of liked those two the most of the altered ones. Appreciated your opinion.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This is not a tree.

No it's a stick in a pot. I plan on having a youth in our youth group work it next season. She keeps asking me questions of bonsai. This is perfect for a teen to play with...without breaking the bank. I just want to be able to give her sound advice on possible directions she can take with it. ;)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Darlene.

You are a wonderful person. It is soo great of you to think of that young lady. You can change her life!

Cant say enough.

Sorce

P.s.

Get her a Juni for spring BSC too!!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Darlene.

You are a wonderful person. It is soo great of you to think of that young lady. You can change her life!

Cant say enough.

Sorce

P.s.

Get her a Juni for spring BSC too!!

Thanks for the kind words...but, I'm just plain vanilla. She's an amazing young person. Spoke to her at great depths last evening. I am glad God seen fit to have our paths cross.

Hadn't thought of the contest...she might "really" LIKE that!

Top Bottom