rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
But you have to insure it yourself. What if the free shipping smashes it?:D

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
How nice of them to throw in free shipping... Maybe the tree is only $1000 and the shipping is $34,000 :D

I have to admit.. (from the pics anyway) this is one of the greatest, if not the best white pine I have seen that is actually for sale..Usually, nurseries and independent bonsai artists would not part with a tree of this caliber.. unless there are health, death or monetary issues.

agraham

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If I had that kind of money to buy it..I think I'd go pick it up.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If I had that kind of money for a tree....I would hire an illegal alien to go pick it up in his Mercedes!

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Yeah, I got 35k and it's staying right where it is, so I ca keep my house and eat.

Harry

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
It says the tree is approximately 180 yrs old. I wonder if that's the black pine half or the white pine half. I didn't know the Japanese were grafting white pine on black pine that long ago. Amazing tree nonetheless.

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
This is a very nice tree and I think the seller is smart putting it at that price-i'd do the same. Something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. If some wealthy person is really in love with White Pine bonsai in the U.S. maybe they will snatch it up or make an offer. You don't see this quality of White Pine in the U.S. for sale everyday. At the same time, if I had $35k to blow on a tree, I'd take about 6-10k and make a trip up to see Randy Knight, then work on the tree under the guidance and help of Boon and have something I loved. I'll donate the rest to the people of this forum!

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
do the pics look really edited to anyone else? maybe its time for me to get those glasses im supposed to have

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
The tree is way overpriced in my opinion.

Harry

Last edited:

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
do the pics look really edited to anyone else? maybe its time for me to get those glasses im supposed to have

Having seen this tree quite a few times over the last few years at Brussel's, the photo is authentic. If anything, it's far more impressive in person. I cannot find a pruning scar or graft union ANYWHERE on it, but the bark looks like black pine...all the way up. It's an impressive old tree, but really needs to grow wider so the trunk doesn't look quite so fat. I think the primary branch to the left died back and they managed to save a few shoots that will serve to rebuild it over (a LONG) time...

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Having seen this tree quite a few times over the last few years at Brussel's, the photo is authentic. If anything, it's far more impressive in person. I cannot find a pruning scar or graft union ANYWHERE on it, but the bark looks like black pine...all the way up. It's an impressive old tree, but really needs to grow wider so the trunk doesn't look quite so fat. I think the primary branch to the left died back and they managed to save a few shoots that will serve to rebuild it over (a LONG) time...

Sorry to disappoint you Brian, meet Mr. graft and not a particularly good one.

Harry

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!jQE2IcVvDWuBNrlhCC(0Q~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqZ,!jQE2IcVvDWuBNrlhCC(0Q~~_3.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 103
  • $(KGrHqV,!jcE2HgK4QrpBNrlg3UbKw~~_3 (1).jpg
    $(KGrHqV,!jcE2HgK4QrpBNrlg3UbKw~~_3 (1).jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Sorry to disappoint you Brian, meet Mr. graft and not a particularly good one.

Harry

Saw that on the listing last night; somehow it's not apparent when looking at the tree.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have purchased a few trees from this guy. He has great trees and is very helpful.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I could have bought this tree a few years ago for $3400, it's a grafted JWP, not as nice as the one for 35k, but the one for 35k is not worth ten times what this was.

Harry

Attachments

• wp2.jpg
    wp2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 86
Top Bottom