Got $800 grand for a bonsai display?

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
At that price, the buyer(s) might just bulldoze the property and re-build to their own preferences.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
At that price, the buyer(s) might just bulldoze the property and re-build to their own preferences.
I'd be very surprised if someone bought this as a knock-down. It might even be protected, since the architect was pretty well-known in N. Cali. The architect is one of the selling points. Interesting that just about every listing for a house designed by him I found in searches have had only one owner since being built in the 1960's.

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The architect is one of the selling points.That’s s good point. The listing is behind a paywall, so I can only comment on the price you gsve.

Good point. The listing is behind a paywall, so I can only comment on the price you gave.

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wow, surprisingly affordable, considering the 1000sq ft. cape, 5 houses down from me is going for $550,000 (on 0.3 acres)...

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
1/3 of an acre. Pretty tight for a bonsai setup. And 1/3 of an acre in Sacramento back in 1969 was chump change.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
A million in Sacramento doesn’t go very far. Bulldoze and rebuild is out of the question. I actually like the house as designed.

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
A million in Sacramento doesn’t go very far. Bulldoze and rebuild is out of the question. I actually like the house as designed.

I’m not saying I would bulldoze it either. What I mean to say is that in my admittedly limited experience, people in the market for a million dollar house tend to be picky, and the value tends to be in the land, not the structure built on it, so rebuilding isn’t an obstacle.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
What I mean to say is that in my admittedly limited experience, people in the market for a million dollar house tend to be picky
You haven't lived in California. The median home price in 2022 was $831,460, which puts this house "below median".

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
nice design,really liked it,but two things concerned me. One,the overall decor feels old/low end, needs a lot of update, two, the insulation may not be good enough. Both fix will cost a lot.

Btw, Sacramento overall is not expensive area in California, not comparable to bay area

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You haven't lived in California. The median home price in 2022 was $831,460, which puts this house "below median".
There were several bids, apparently. I'd bet it went for more than a million...

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Probably the first time I was glad to live in somewhat rural Illinois, although the real estate taxes are ridiculous here.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Lol some of us on here just want to buy a fixer upper with land……… which to me to diy is better than any home some herb designs

Moridin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Btw, Sacramento overall is not expensive area in California, not comparable to bay area

Sacramento is pretty reasonable which is why I moved here from LA 15 years ago but the Bay area is its own animal. That said this house probably went for way more than listed just for being in the area of Sac it is in.

Top Bottom