Got a gift today

Kandoloh

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So... My wife's grandfather has a "main squeeze", she made these pots for me, I think they turned out wonderfully! I am excited to get some new trees for them soon. This was a welcomed surprise as I knew she was attempting to make one for me, I got three! It's a good day and I absolutely love her glazes! We have a fruit bowl that is absolutely gorgeous as well.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice.

Just know that that unless they are high fired, they aren't cold hearty and could crack.

Kandoloh

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice.

Just know that that unless they are high fired, they aren't cold hearty and could crack.
Yes, these will most likely stay inside. So I will be limited on my choices. I know ficus do well inside, any other suggestions?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Those are beautiful...I would just ask...as to how the firing process was. So to protect them from cold if need be. You maybe surprised...Let her know...they are just to stunning to find error in planting choices. Sweet pots...LUCKY YOU!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If they are "stoneware" they're most likely high fired.

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Nice. Always good to have connections.

Lucky to have someone in (well almost in) the family that is a potter.

One point, keep an eye on drainage. I see drainage and wiring holes, so that is great, but can't make out if these have "feet" to allow for them to adequately drain.

Thanks for sharing.

Kandoloh

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice. Always good to have connections.

Lucky to have someone in (well almost in) the family that is a potter.

One point, keep an eye on drainage. I see drainage and wiring holes, so that is great, but can't make out if these have "feet" to allow for them to adequately drain.

Thanks for sharing.
Yes they all have feet

Kandoloh

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Was thinking about trying a tiger bark, a jade and perhaps some kind of dwarf citrus or a lemon tree. We shall see. Any thoughts on stuff for inside?

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Was thinking about trying a tiger bark, a jade

Those would be easier then a fruit tree indoors. You also might want to experiment with a "planting" of various, grass, fern, lower, moss, etc... in one.

Grimmy

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Brazilian rain tree is a good indoor tree.

Just remember even with the tropical trees, if you can put them outside in the summer they do much better.

Top Bottom