Got a new tree today

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just looking at it again. Be sure it is either anchored to the bench or out of any potential wind. Its pretty top heavy.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Likely will need to cut back to bottom branch(IF or after tree survives and has become firmly happily re rooted/established)to develop tree as trunk is straight stove pipe above that and no branches. Fancy pot was LAST thing tree needed until developed and into refinement. New constrained root system, if surviving will hinder further development:rolleyes:.

StPaddy

Mame
Reaction score
Likely will need to cut back to bottom branch(IF or after tree survives and has become firmly happily re rooted/established)to develop tree as trunk is straight stove pipe above that and no branches. Fancy pot was LAST thing tree needed until developed and into refinement. New constrained root system, if surviving will hinder further development:rolleyes:.
My wife likes fancy pots in our yard and I like to keep her happy and the pot being “fancy” has little to do with the health of the plant. I consulted a man who has been doing this a number of years (over 40) and he recommended the repot and said to get it into something smaller. Also to eventually cut it back to that first branch as where the leader had been cut on top prior to my receiving it is ugly on top and will always be there…yes that is my eventual plan. This pot is 4” deep and 13” across with good soil.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That's a decent sized pot. You will get some growth in that.

Top Bottom