Got my kids up off the ground floor.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They're shooting close, and my older ones ain't coming home till cover of dark.

How you living?

It's the wrong fight.

If someone really wanted to take a stand, they'd go to Minnesota on one mission, and it's NOT to buy soil.

Sad because the minority, in this case, police with a good attitude toward man, aren't the ones that get promoted, so they get the shit jobs. Therefore, it's the good ones they send to clash with us good people.
Then they sit back and laugh.

This rioting is moving us back some on the chess board of life.

Foolish.

Stay safe!

Sorce

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I find it very difficult to understand how burning down and looting buildings in your own town is a "protest". So far, this year sucks.
A lot of it is said to be done by people out of town who just want to rile up a race war.
@sorce stay safe brother

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
A lot of it is said to be done by people out of town who just want to rile up a race war.
@sorce stay safe brother
I was speaking in general. Minnesota, Georgia, Missouri, it's happening all over unfortunately.

Vali

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm trying to figure out which ones are worse: the rasist policemen or the violent, distructive rioters. I'm also trying to find an excuse for the peaceful protesters who don't separate themselves from the aggressive ones to make it easier for (or help) the police forces to evacuate them...I can't really find one. Anyway, it's awfull what is going on there.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
They're shooting close, and my older ones ain't coming home till cover of dark.

How you living?

It's the wrong fight.

If someone really wanted to take a stand, they'd go to Minnesota on one mission, and it's NOT to buy soil.

Sad because the minority, in this case, police with a good attitude toward man, aren't the ones that get promoted, so they get the shit jobs. Therefore, it's the good ones they send to clash with us good people.
Then they sit back and laugh.

This rioting is moving us back some on the chess board of life.

Foolish.

Stay safe!

Sorce

Sorry to hear that friend. It’s heartbreaking when a cause threatens the safety of individuals it was created to protect...very sad...tragically “Ouroboros”

“One mission”... exactly.

What was borne of true integrity, feeling and passion seems to have now turned into an “excuse” for a
“pent-up” society to EXPLODE.

The problem/phenomenon can be viewed using ones “sociological imagination”....it lies mingled within the definition between “person” and “people”. “Person”s... are intelligent and rational. “People” are scared, aggressive and unpredictable... and no matter how morally accurate the cause, people tend not to act correctly...

I just hope everyone is safe.

Green Bay was relatively non-violent..Madison erupted for a while... I haven’t heard about Milwaukee’s.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
((Edit))

Never mind what I said about Green Bay being relatively non-violent.

☹️

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Stay safe...I know Columbus,Ohio was classified as a State of Emergency. We had ones post they were intending a protest in my small home rural town. Well, they had another group waiting for them...CCP group ensuring nothing was destroyed. The protestors basically showed up...seen them and left. No cops...but Americans showed up with their second ammendment rights. That's how we roll in my hick country town. I wish we could find who rents the busses and they get charged with instigating fear and destruction.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
There is certainly another element to the protests that doesn't make sense. There are groups of folks there who are trying to protest in peace and have their voices heard. There is another group who are there for other reasons. I've heard rumors about groups from outside being bussed in to raise hell. I've heard rumors about antifa coming in to raise hell... and heard rumors about undercover white supremacist groups coming in to purposely incite violence. I even saw a video that shows someone dropped off a pallet of bricks on a street corner in the protest just so they have things to throw....

what a mess 2020 is...

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Violence and looting came to Rochester on Saturday. They had peaceful protests/marches all day. Eventually the marchers (or at least some of them) wound up at the public safety building downtown and...it was like a switch was flipped. Some started turning over cars and setting them on fire, they destroyed police cars, police shot back with tear gas and rubber bullets and it was on. What followed was a night of looting, fires and violence. Some of you probably saw the video of the small woman who was savagely beaten by a group of looters when she tried to stop them from breaking into the building where she and her husband lived (above a business). They beat her with 2x4's. Her husband tried to come to her aid with a golf club but they beat him back. Fortunately she is "OK" with relatively minor physical injuries.

Local officials were quick to blame "outside agitators" but so far I haven't seen any evidence of that. Interestingly, a lot of the initial attacks against police cars and other vehicles seemed to be started by white men. I saw a video of someone going around egging the crowd on, one guy shot fireworks into the crowd perhaps to make them think police were shooting at them. There was one widely distributed photo of a guy with a cowboy hat hitting a police car with a crowbar. Turns out he is a Rochester resident. There is lots of video and many faces were seen clearly, so I would expect many of the agitators to be identified.

It appeared police were not ready for what happened as they spent the night chasing groups of looters, which would simply gather up and attack somewhere else. Listening to the police scanners it sounded like a game of whackamole. Last night they were better prepared with a couple hundred state police and there were no incidents of significance.

Everything seemed to be limited to the city and immediate/close-in suburbs. We live pretty far out in the county in a relatively rural area. They'd be wise to stay away as almost everyone is well armed out here (probably better than the police in many cases).

Stay safe everyone.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"outside agitators"

They can be on social media. Which is actually internal if you ask me.

Police killed someone a few blocks away from here.

Bogus.

Sorce

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
They can be on social media. Which is actually internal if you ask me.

Police killed someone a few blocks away from here.

Bogus.

Sorce

I heard chicago-land area had a shooting fatality last night, directly related to the pretest. :(

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
The more I hear about this, the more I'm compelled to voice an opinion on the matter.
I think that's the case for everyone on the forum.

If this forum has taught me anything, it's that societal issues, activism and politics don't mix well with bonsai. I'd like to ask the moderators to shut this down before it escalates.
Yes, I'm asking for a full censorship. To protect the people from themselves, before anyone says something stupid, starts comparing countries, starts talking politics, pointing fingers or whatever.
We as a community have proven we can't. And even though that's hard to admit, and even though this is a serious issue that affects everyone of us, I think it's better to have that discussion in the real life instead of the forum.

I know it's not my call. But I do want to warn you guys that I expect this thread to escalate. History has proven that much.

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I find it very difficult to understand how burning down and looting buildings in your own town is a "protest". So far, this year sucks.
I’m sure it is also very difficult for you to understand how it feels to be at risk every day of your life of dying because of the color of your skin. The assault on human rights is just relentless. With history as a guide, there should be no surprise when things boil over. Then, of course, there are always opportunists who take advantage of the chaos.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd like to ask the moderators to shut this down before it escalates.
Yes, I'm asking for a full censorship. To protect the people from themselves, before anyone says something stupid, starts comparing countries, starts talking politics, pointing fingers or whatever.
This place is full of protesters, yes even some that don't even practice bonsai from time to time drop in for a food fight. When is moderation around here going to help those that just want to post bonsai things they are doing with out a fight?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
To protect the people from themselves, before anyone says something stupid

Protecting Stupid People from themselves is how we got into this shit in the first place.

Let them expose themselves.

Second thought...this .
politics don't mix well with bonsai

This statement kind of implies that we are also supposed to serve these idiots that can not contain their compulsion to click and read stuff. There is no bonsai here.

Good real dialogue has power to change.
If we let it.

Sorce

Top Bottom