Gotta love BIN options...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Placed a bid on this guy...thinking I would use it as a display pot only...then imagined one potting it with a moss ball so it looked like a sphere and upon closer inspection noticing it's actual pot shape. That I went with the BIN option. Gotta love that option when you decide you want something bad enough. Doesn't bother me that I don't know the maker...just that I love it.

Description:
A crouching horned toad skillfully carved from a chunk of clay. Brooding and enchanting glaze…mostly dark purple but includes red, brown, black, white and green. A collectible piece than can be enjoyed alone but also certainly useable. It's evident that it has been [used] for many years as the glaze near the planting area has dulled nicely. Its rear is stamped, but I've not been able to ID the maker. I think it might be one of the Yokohama Guild potters. Perfect condition. Approx. 3.2 x 2.75 x 3.1 inches.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
And so it begins...

Yes, just when I told myself...I don't need pots...I stood in my greenhouse looking at a lot of mass produced pots on my shelf. Thinking to myself...I could do away with those and have ones on display that really speak to me. Since my desire to keep the collection of bonsai to a minimum count.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Potato chips, Darlene...potato chips. You can't have just one;). Cool little pot. You should see if Michael Ryan Bell can id the maker for you.

Thanks Dave...I'm a sucker for frog decor outside in my landscape. So this was a must...just glad I seen it before someone else had to have it.

Thanks for the suggestion...I'll drop him a line asking.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
And another one bites the dust...

This one makes up for this on I lost by seeing it 20 minutes to late...someone took with a BIN option. Must say...love this one a whole lot better than the boat accent pot. (Living at a lake I thought it might be amusing having it...but someone beat me to the BIN. I don't begrudge them in the least.)

Ironbeaver

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
At a slant, one of those orchids that look like a bug.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It's just the way my mind works Darlene. I'm a sick man.

One Halloween we had one pumpkin shoot the brains out of the one beside it. Bullet hole went in one side...and a larger exit with seeds all over the place. So I get ya...you never know. I may one day get ornery enough to do it.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You ever see the Egret Flower?

I think that would be sweet in there.

But I am picturing......some kind of plant that looks like a croaker bubble....
If one exists!

And the single stem with flower as a tongue snacking.

Either way.....I would grow a stem out of the middle ..... But grow it with the pot on end.....so it grows straight up out of the hole....and then tilt it down for pics and display......

So it comes out at about 2 o'clock instead of twelve.

Sorce

Andrew Robson

Shohin
Reaction score
Placed a bid on this guy...thinking I would use it as a display pot only...then imagined one potting it with a moss ball so it looked like a sphere and upon closer inspection noticing it's actual pot shape. That I went with the BIN option. Gotta love that option when you decide you want something bad enough. Doesn't bother me that I don't know the maker...just that I love it.

Description:
A crouching horned toad skillfully carved from a chunk of clay. Brooding and enchanting glaze…mostly dark purple but includes red, brown, black, white and green. A collectible piece than can be enjoyed alone but also certainly useable. It's evident that it has been [used] for many years as the glaze near the planting area has dulled nicely. Its rear is stamped, but I've not been able to ID the maker. I think it might be one of the Yokohama Guild potters. Perfect condition. Approx. 3.2 x 2.75 x 3.1 inches.

View attachment 88801 View attachment 88802 View attachment 88803 View attachment 88804
I was going to bid on this! I wanted to plant pitcher plant in it to look like a tongue catching flies. Congrats on getting a nice pot!

Top Bottom