Gotta love when things start waking up...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've got flowers on my crabapple...more things are waking in the greenhouse. My stubborn wisteria again...is giving me a lovely show of green foliage only. I know it can bloom...it did so when it first arrived in my care. But...it's green. So I've another year to see what it feels like offering me. I did threaten it...with removing the upper branch and making a smaller tree if all it's going to offer me is foliage. lol Not sure it heard...we shall see next spring. It may become a much more compact tree. If it's only going to off me leaves. But...the Goji berry is waking Scott Lee advised to toss some wire on it soon :cool:...seen new growth on the Pyracantha...the juniper is starting to push as well. Bald Cypress is looking green...it's just a good feeling walking into seeing them all waking up. Another winter gone...spring is here. But, in Ohio it can randomly play hide and seek. My flowers are blooming under the Thuja planting...very pretty indeed. Spent time in the greenhouse and it puts a spring in ones step! Can't wait to see that Neagari Azalea bloom...Anticipating that day!
17499039_1451277564893241_5124183553772860268_n.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Okay...it's a lovely spring day...set things out on the bench. Love when the bench is full...

What greets one as they enter my deck... (Disregard the weeping ryusen maple. It's just something we no longer can keep in the yard with the arctic winters we had in the past. My husband's favorite tree. So I potted it up what was still alive and I'm training it to be taller.)
image.jpg

The crabapple...
image.jpg

Thuja planting...the top needs thinned out a lot more.
image.jpg

But look closely...there are flowers in there too.
image.jpg

Satuski azalea , bald cypress and a Neagari/exposed root satsuki azalea below...the bald cypress goes out back. But for the bonsai two step...if need be. Staying on the bench closest to the greenhouse.
image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

Root winged elm
image.jpg

Pyracantha...
image.jpg

Last edited:

Steve Kudela

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Okay...it's a lovely spring day...set things out on the bench. Love when the bench is full...

What greets one as they enter my deck... (Disregard the weeping ryusen maple. It's just something we no longer can keep in the yard with the arctic winters we had in the past. My husband's favorite tree. So I potted it up what was still alive and I'm training it to be taller.)
View attachment 138175

The crabapple...
View attachment 138169

Thuja planting...the top needs thinned out a lot more.
View attachment 138171

But look closely...there are flowers in there too.
View attachment 138170

Satuski azalea , bald cypress and a Neagari/exposed root satsuki azalea below...the bald cypress goes out back. But for the bonsai two step...if need be. Staying on the bench closest to the greenhouse.
View attachment 138174

View attachment 138172 View attachment 138173

Root winged elm
View attachment 138176

Pyracantha...
View attachment 138177
beautiful!!!

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Did you ever trunk chop your pyracantha?

I have a "stick in a pot" one, which I air layered. Has less potential than paper wings on a boeing747, but only thing I can do with it, is chop it down low and just trying to get some info on how it'll react.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Did you ever trunk chop your pyracantha?

I have a "stick in a pot" one, which I air layered. Has less potential than paper wings on a boeing747, but only thing I can do with it, is chop it down low and just trying to get some info on how it'll react.
It came to me most likely just that...here is a link...but, some great advice given on how to develop one.
https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/pyracantha-that-arrived-today-from-jason-schley.22951/

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It came to me most likely just that...here is a link...but, some great advice given on how to develop one.
https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/pyracantha-that-arrived-today-from-jason-schley.22951/

Thanks for the link. I want a bench like yours :). Certainly need a bench of some kind. Or there's a lot of greenhouse setups now. Or polytunnels.

Your dog in one of the pics looks freaked out by what you are doing.. He/she is thinking "Why is she taking a picture of my butt?"

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks for the link. I want a bench like yours :). Certainly need a bench of some kind. Or there's a lot of greenhouse setups now. Or polytunnels.

Your dog in one of the pics looks freaked out by what you are doing.. He/she is thinking "Why is she taking a picture of my butt?"

Welcome...my bench is far from what most do. But thank you...love lead glass windows. My husband built it...it's like total 7' long I believe. There's a thread here somewhere on it as well. But...I agree you need benches to appreciate those trees better. With spring but winter temps at times still...greenhouses can be a good thing.

The Aussie...most likely was giving the Bulldogs a look down...they too were out on the deck. They most likely were getting that look of settle down...don't make me come over there. Lol

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Cool! the crabapple is so fragrant... I am starting to get ready for winter.
It is...I could smell it coming on...when I opened the greenhouse door. Crazy thinking as we are preparing for spring. Waterfall is up and running again. All the outdoor furniture is out of storage...fire pit is out. And others...are preparing for winter. But...it's the way of the world eh?

Top Bottom