Goyomatsu & Korumatsu

R3x

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8?
first of all these are both wonderful trees! I had never heard of that before so i'll ask my teacher and i already asked a friend of mine who is considered to be the best and biggest importer of europe.
He has spent years as an apprentice in japan and is now importing high quality specimen trees and yamadori for costumers around the world.
Goes to Japan twice a year to handpick trees for costumers.
I'll give you a quick peek inside his quarantine place so you get an idea.
View attachment 109543

This was this winter after it arrived. Some of them incl a rigida juniper in the far back are trees from that have been in collections for many generations.
They go for insane prizes and are considered to be the best in european collections.
He told me me they only use the grafting method to make the white pine stronger. not to eventually separate them and sell them.

However im not showing this because i want to make a point, just because I really like to give you guys a peak in how things work here ;)
And for your statement, I believe you if you say so it's just new for me. Never had heard of it, but it if it works why not.
In the end it doesn't really matter as long as it is a great tree!

And one more picture from a yew he sold this week I've seen and touched it in real life it's amazing material. And huge!
And is in a private collection now.
View attachment 109544

For us Europeans: could you possibly point us to your importing friend? When I win the lottery I'll buy some trees ;-)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Thank you very much. I have been looking to do this for myself on some level, the cost of one would put a man on the moon.

ChrisV

Shohin
Reaction score
Nah These trees didnt cost much really. Just look for trees.with potential and make the best out of them

ChrisV

Shohin
Reaction score
For us Europeans: could you possibly point us to your importing friend? When I win the lottery I'll buy some trees ;-)
His name is maarten verhoeven you might know him. He's the main man here in eu. He ownes bonsaiplaza.

Top Bottom