Grafted Kishu shimpaku clump

Reaction score
2016-12-17 22_02_34.jpg

Sorry... just had to do a virtual without the hill to see the difference.

Love the tree... don't care for the hill. It over powers the tree in my opinion and makes it feel small.
Also... normally I am not a person to kinda hedge a tree into uniformity, but just having one spot sticking up, makes it feel odd,
as though something is incorrect... and keeps drawing your attention to it.
Just my 2 cents. Keep up the good work!

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Mighty fine tree.....and really.....that's some mighty serious wire....or I have my visual scale all wrong.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
View attachment 126380

Sorry... just had to do a virtual without the hill to see the difference.

Love the tree... don't care for the hill. It over powers the tree in my opinion and makes it feel small.
Also... normally I am not a person to kinda hedge a tree into uniformity, but just having one spot sticking up, makes it feel odd,
as though something is incorrect... and keeps drawing your attention to it.
Just my 2 cents. Keep up the good work!
I agree with you on that hill. I was wondering also.....but wondered if there was something in the 3D view, the tree up close, the way that branch seems to come forward, that I couldn't see that made the hill worthwhile. Just thinking.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I agree. Wonderful tree, 40 years, but wondered where was tree hidden,. Zoomed the picture in, hidden on the hill. But it can really look different in person.

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
No haven’t wired , I will thin and let it grow mostly untouched for the next couple of seasons , branches will be pulled down to open it up some , it’s grown very dense .

Top Bottom