Grape vine .... a loss of time?

BrierPatch

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I was given a Vitis Vinifera that came from a local vineyard last fall. Looks really cool but wasn't sure if it was even viable as a bonsai. Was just going to use it as yard art.

Attachments

• Vitis-Vinifera-Grape-1024-3.jpg
    Vitis-Vinifera-Grape-1024-3.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
I was given a Vitis Vinifera that came from a local vineyard last fall. Looks really cool but wasn't sure if it was even viable as a bonsai. Was just going to use it as yard art.
That one its grafted so dont very usable as bonsai yes

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
"old grapes"

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

The band I preferred when I was in my early-late teens. (I can play it on the guitar, the "$*ù^" way, but when I get high, I... Uh... Must go and spray my shrooms now 🥰

View attachment 422412

(Golden wheat and blue sky, not to forget how peaceful it was...)
Im from the 90s but I also love CCR, so underrated band!

A song as relevant nowadays as it was

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I actually consider vitis much like Rosa.. in bonsai terms.. not anything distinctly similar.. just.. both not responding to traditional techniques.. and requiring wholly unique approaches.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Grape vines do root relatively easily, grafted vines can be air layered above their grafts if the logistics are possible. Not always practical, but occasionally can be done.

cuttings can be rooted, cycles of growing out and cutting back can develop significant trunks in as little as 10 years in warmer climates.

Top Bottom