Great White Mychorizae

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
As far as innoculents go,this one seems to get to work right away.
In open bonsai soil it gets to the roots right away.
It is listed as a root enhancer also.
They claim you will see explosive root growth ,so I will test it out.
Several years ago I used it on Pine seedlings and did get some crazy roots.
https://www.plant-success.com/product/great-white/
Can always see the product the next day after you use it in open bonsai soils,especially if shaded by a top dressing of sort.
Need very little amounts.....like 3-5oz. of solution for 1 gal. Volume of soil every 3 weeks.

Attachments

• A41526AD-BD6D-4162-A11A-5BA26166BB64.jpeg
    A41526AD-BD6D-4162-A11A-5BA26166BB64.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 32
  • CC8CB67F-88D3-4CBC-A1E2-863DFE12F15B.jpeg
    CC8CB67F-88D3-4CBC-A1E2-863DFE12F15B.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
But that great white is a ripoff from the white widow, which in turn is a rip off of Brabants Witte (or was it the other way around?).
That's basically history from my own province.

I'm reporting good results with stuff from Fungi.com. They have a few blends with basically the same mycorrhizae. It's just a pain in the ass when it comes to shipping costs though.
Here in Europe, we don't have a lot of companies producing that kind of stuff.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yeah these days if you want to research anything indoor like LED lighting or grow products ....prepair to look at a lot of bud lol

Yeah this is one reason why I can't really do a lot of research on lunch or breaks off my work computer. I looked up spider mite treatments one time and was flooded with cannabis cultivation sites. That being said, I am noticing a large area of cross interest between the cannabis and bonsai growers.....

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That's a very strange claim. Mico's effect is to substitute for root growth. It should boost the growth of the tree (above ground).
The product also has glycine?....maybe that helps root dry weight.
I grew a few JBP seedlings several years ago(in potting soil nontheless) when I was starting to get involved in Bonsai.
The 2 year seedling had these feathery roots that were like 4’ long when I investigated why the Pines looked dehydrated.
I failed to repot the young trees in the small bonsai pot ,the pine actually had so much root packed in there it was not getting water ot air.
Crazy roots like 4’ long.I was using Great White.
So at any rate I’m gonna do a proper experiment and proper soil and see what comes of it.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yeah this is one reason why I can't really do a lot of research on lunch or breaks off my work computer. I looked up spider mite treatments one time and was flooded with cannabis cultivation sites. That being said, I am noticing a large area of cross interest between the cannabis and bonsai growers.....
Yea, there is definately cross interest.
I have JBP seeds in fridge for germinating mid October.5mnths earlier than I normally would since I bought a very nice LED Quantum Board grow light.
As for seedling cutting,I would rather use the small Grodan Rockwool plugs for cultivation rather than sand. We’ll see how it goes I never did a seedling cutting yet.
I had fantastic results using jiffy plugs for my Zelkova cuttings. I made 50 cuttings in six weeks now approaching 5 feet tall.
Guess where I learned the technique to get a Zelkova cutting to root in 11 days!! lol

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
That's a very strange claim. Mico's effect is to substitute for root growth. It should boost the growth of the tree (above ground).
Some micos do more than just that. A 'few thousand' strains can make auxins, excrete enzymes, make vitamins, regulate water uptake, excrete antibiotics and even kill bugs.
I wouldn't be surprised it does benefit root growth to some extent. But to put it on a label as a claim is something bold.

Top Bottom