Green Dream Fertilizer Pellets

bobbywett

Mame
Reaction score
Hershey, PA Plant Zone 6b South Central PA
USDA Zone
6b
Hey folks,

I can’t seem to find any green dream fertilizer, is it not being produced anymore?
What is a good substitute?

Thanks,

Bobby

Attachments

• 4235D7B5-DCDA-437E-BF99-DEF07A0D166B.png
    4235D7B5-DCDA-437E-BF99-DEF07A0D166B.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 25

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I use a regular liquid fertilizer (10-10-10) once a week and cheap inorganic slow-release pellets applied in the pots every 5 weeks.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
what is a good alternative? anything that stinks.like chicken pellets
i ran out of green dream n bio gold a few years ago n started using chicken pellets, i ran out of chicken pellets and now im using miracle gro fruit n veg organic slo release pellets. whats the moral of the story.... they all do the job😉

i like the miracle gro a lot so will probably by again

Last edited:

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Information says - mature tree in nature - soil has only 8 % organic
in the 3 feet depth the tree lives in.

Additionally seeing NPK use for plants at 3 / 1 / 1

So a -FINISHED -Bonsai will work well on simple fermented oil seed
meal - 6 to 8 N ...................

Or somethng like 1/ 10 strength Miracle Gro lawn fertiliser.

"We grow our Bonsai for Beauty not produce or lumber",
Good Day
Anthony

bobbywett

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It appears “Green Dream is gone” at least according to Stone Lantern?

They do have an alternative, albeit with a slightly different NPK of 5-7-4

Green Dream is or was 7-5-5

Attachments

• A2D1494F-C238-44AE-8FA4-FA27E3874F8E.png
    A2D1494F-C238-44AE-8FA4-FA27E3874F8E.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 18

bobbywett

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I contacted Wayne at Stone Lantern and asked him what happened to Green Dream. He said that Colin decided to discontinue bagging Green Dream because the exact pellets were no longer available.

I decided to order some of their replacement slow release fertilizer instead.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I always thought Green dream was just a UK thing, I buy mine from Kaizen, standard bags.
I wouldn’t get too hung up on the finer details mate. You’ll go insane worrying about which fert is best. Just get the basics down like NPK and type of fert, liquid, organic, etc. After that, go crazy.

I’d worry more about the dilution you use or amounts or how you spread over surface of substrate or the organic ratio of your substrate and thus how long it’ll stay around the roots and how often you put it on!??!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
In my area what works well is Maruta Brand Rapeseed Cakes by Joshua Roth https://stonelantern.com/collection...maruta-rapeseed-bonsai-fertilizer-cakes-5-2-1 . I use them during Spring and Summer combined Fox Farms Trio liquid nutrient and it has worked well for myself. Even though it's not the strongest stuff on the market, it works great and there are less threats of burning up or damaging the roots if your soil doesn't drain well.

PLUS SIDE TO RAPESEED CAKES- They are slow release, every time you water or it rains they feed your plants, they don't smell like fish or chicken and animals typically tend to leave it alone. Those are all good things in TN where wildlife teds to frolic

I have been using Green Dream this growing season to test it out as well and have nothing but trouble with it at my location. Its stolen or dug out of the soil if placed directly on top, if placed in tea bags the birds will fly away and eat them or just rip them open right there on the ground. I even tried staking the tea bags down with recycled wire and the birds rip them open on the soil surface and eat them (disrespectful). They tend to draw more bugs and unwanted things to my garden/soils so I am moving away from them and will stick to Rapeseed cakes/Fox Farms Trio liquid nutrients. The Fox Farms Trio Amazon.com : Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big ... works well as a weekly feeding supplement especially with the everyday feed from the cakes.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I contacted Wayne at Stone Lantern and asked him what happened to Green Dream. He said that Colin decided to discontinue bagging Green Dream because the exact pellets were no longer available.

….. @Brian Van Fleet has got you covered if you want to go full DIY.... New England Bonsai has Bio-Gold in 5kg bags but the shipping might throw some shade...

….as far as @Bent Limb Bonsai comments, in my backyard, Green Dream attracted everything short of an actual pirate....so maybe something different might just fertilize....good fert beside that one quirk...

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B

Hi I just want to ask if you like the new Green Growth or Green Balance Stone Lantern offers now. I am thinking about getting some but can't seem to find real reviews. If you don't mind sharing your experience I'd really appreciate it.

Top Bottom