Greetings All!

chappy56

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My first post on this site. I found the link to it from the Evergreen Garden Works site. http://www.evergreengardenworks.com. This site is mentioned there in their links and Brent calls this his favorite Bonsai community.
I've spent a few months on the "Bonsai Help" site from the UK and although it has been very helpful it has it's limits because most of the members are in the UK. Looking forward to getting to know you all and see what I can learn and share.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Hi Chappy and welcome to the nuthouse where every member here is addicted to the wee trees.
Mom

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There was a time when one would get banned at gardenweb for daring to link to another forum, I am happy to see that they have realized that the community can not be fenced off.

Welcome to the forum!

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
There was a time when one would get banned at gardenweb for daring to link to another forum, I am happy to see that they have realized that the community can not be fenced off.

Welcome to the forum!
Will

Sorry, did I miss something in the posts? Gardenweb? Evergreengardenworks.com is Brent's website.

Welcome to the forum! Also find www.bonsaitalk.com, www.bonsaichat.org, www.internetbonsaiclub.org, and www.bonsaisite.com.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Man I dislike it when someone emails me a post or quote, please don't, I can read those posts that I want to and ignore those I wish to all on my own. However, since the above post was brought to my attention, my response is as follows, oops, my bad, I read evergreen but my mind picked up gardenweb, brain freeze, my apologies.

And as long as links are being posted, let's not overlook The Art of Bonsai Project and The Knowledge of Bonsai Forum.

Again, welcome to the forum,

Will

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome aboard Chappy. Brent's site is a great place. The articles are superb, it seems like whenever I go back and reread something there a little bulb goes off in my head and the information sinks at a deeper level.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Welcome aboard! The next step is to host a BIG beer party in the UK, and see how many of your American bonsai friends show up :)

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! The next step is to host a BIG beer party in the UK, and see how many of your American bonsai friends show up :)

Sweet!
And since you are the one who brought it up You can charter the leer to fly us over :D
Mom

Boondock

Shohin
Reaction score
Welcome to the b'NUT family. You're from Illinois? I think there are a couple people from your area who post here.

Ashbarns

Mame
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Chappy. We are just about to kick start Spring down here after a two month Winter.

Ash ;););)

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone

I've been practicing my breast stroke.. err, I mean breaststroke.

1959_heidim

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome, Chappy
Good people here, good information, good support.
Brent's site is super!!
1959heidim

chappy56

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yep, Illinois. We're getting ready for the big show at the Chicago Botanical Gardens next weekend. Should be good.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Yep, Illinois. We're getting ready for the big show at the Chicago Botanical Gardens next weekend. Should be good.

I used to live across the street from the Botanic Garden and could actually walk to the meetings of the Midwest Bonsai Society :)

Top Bottom